Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Triceps... what works for you guys

SoLongAstoria

Just hopped back on another cycle. Trying to really stimulate some tricep growth as they're a lagging bodypart for me. I normally do 3 on 1 off, chest/arms, legs, back/delts, off, repeat. I'm throwing in a few sets of tri's on my back/delts days now too though because my delts are huge so I figure the time would be better spent throwing in a few extra sets for tris rather than more sets for delts. So I generally do soemthing like 6-8 sets on my chest/arms day and 3-5 on my back/delts day.

I use a lot of various exercises to hit them and do high/low reps. Throw in a little drop/supersets and TUT as seen fit. Wondering what has worked well for you guys for triceps. One exercise I haven't really done much that I'm gonna start trying is reverse grip bench press. I also am gonna start doing a few MTUT sets at least 1x a week because they seem pretty intense and are a good combination of TUT and volume. Would like to hear what has really helped other peoples triceps explode though.

Just hopped back on another cycle. Trying to really stimulate some tricep growth as they're a lagging bodypart for me. I normally do 3 on 1 off, chest/arms, legs, back/delts, off, repeat. I'm throwing in a few sets of tri's on my back/delts days now too though because my delts are huge so I figure the time would be better spent throwing in a few extra sets for tris rather than more sets for delts. So I generally do soemthing like 6-8 sets on my chest/arms day and 3-5 on my back/delts day.

I use a lot of various exercises to hit them and do high/low reps. Throw in a little drop/supersets and TUT as seen fit. Wondering what has worked well for you guys for triceps. One exercise I haven't really done much that I'm gonna start trying is reverse grip bench press. I also am gonna start doing a few MTUT sets at least 1x a week because they seem pretty intense and are a good combination of TUT and volume. Would like to hear what has really helped other peoples triceps explode though.

Dips, RG push downs, skull crushers.

I see where you're going but you may be over training your tri's

Something that has worked for me; don't train arms the day before or after back or chest....

Incorporate reverse grip bench. Best tricep exercise IMO:

Jim's 15-Second Tip: Reverse-Grip Bench Press - YouTube

I see where you're going but you may be over training your tri's

Something that has worked for me; don't train arms the day before or after back or chest....

Incorporate reverse grip bench. Best tricep exercise IMO:

Jim's 15-Second Tip: Reverse-Grip Bench Press - YouTube

Agreed I always don't train arms at least 2 days before or after a chest or back sesh and my shoulder sesh falls the day before so I do partial reps on presses to miss the tricep. I'm definitely giving them RG benches ago next week đź‘Ť

There is absolutely no reason not to train arms the day before or after chest or back. You should have enough control and concentration in your reps that your arms aren't doing anything but keeping your movement stable. You shouldn't feel like you've worked your triceps at all after a chest day or you are simply just throwing the weight up and you won't progress far doing it that way.

Just experiment with every triceps workout you can. Find a couple that are easy for you to focus on and that give you good pumps. For example, dips, the seated dip machine, skull crushers, rope pull down all work great for me. However, I can never get decent pumps when doing overhead tricep movements.

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

There is absolutely no reason not to train arms the day before or after chest or back. You should have enough control and concentration in your reps that your arms aren't doing anything but keeping your movement stable. You shouldn't feel like you've worked your triceps at all after a chest day or you are simply just throwing the weight up and you won't progress far doing it that way.

Just experiment with every triceps workout you can. Find a couple that are easy for you to focus on and that give you good pumps. For example, dips, the seated dip machine, skull crushers, rope pull down all work great for me. However, I can never get decent pumps when doing overhead tricep movements.

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

I said "what's worked for me" not "never do this"

Skull crushers definitely leave me the most sore the next day, but I also like rope push downs with a nice separation at the bottom and then flex, or also the e-z curl bar push downs I find to be similar to skull crushers and it's a lot easier if you workout alone.

my tri's are stubborn mofo's too... dips, cgb and a shit ton of volume supersetting rope pull-downs with OH ext's has brought them on.

Top Bottom