Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

traps.. when to work them??

angang

Does anyone have any preference to when the traps should be worked out? with back or shoulders. I'm currently working them out with shoulders, but i see a lot of other people working them with their back workouts.

I know people that do them on back days, but I am to worn out after working my back to hit them hard with good form and weight. I just do them at the end of my shoulder routine.

big4life said:
I know people that do them on back days, but I am to worn out after working my back to hit them hard with good form and weight. I just do them at the end of my shoulder routine.

Right now, I have them at the end of shoulders w/o also.

My split did have me doing back on wed and shoulders on thurs. But the deadlifts killed my traps then I hitm hadrer after. So I suffered through shoulders, now Im swithin and doin traps and shoulders together...

My split did have me doing back on wed and shoulders on thurs. But the deadlifts killed my traps then I hitm hadrer after. So I suffered through shoulders, now Im switchin' and doin traps and shoulders together...

I do shoulders and back for thickness ie deads, t bar rows, bent over rows on the same day so I hit them at the end of that workout.............by the time I do shoulders and back my traps are ready to be killed.

I used to hit them with shoulders some years ago. That worked fine. I used to even hit them twice a week, and sometimes for 12 sets at once. Its best to fit them in your routine so that they dont interfere with anything else. I know if I do them to close to chest day it effects my pressing. These days I train them after back work. Or during my back routine when Im hitting deadlifts. When I deadlift I dont usually do any additional trap work.

If you do deads, then you will fatigue your traps. So, why not do them on shoulder day, they will be fresher and allow you to hit your traps twice a week.

Top Bottom