Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training Split Critique

NegroPops

Banned
Mon:
Chest and Triceps - Heavy Chest, Light Triceps

Tue:
Back and Biceps - Heavy Back, Light Biceps

Wed:
Shoulders and Legs - Heavy Shoulders, Light Legs

Thurs:
Triceps and Chest - Heavy Tricep, Light Chest

Friday:
Biceps and Back - Heavy Bicep, Light Back

Saturday:
Legs and Shoulders - Heavy Legs, Light Shoulders

The idea behind the split is to hit each muscle group twice per week with one heavy workout, and one light workout. For an example, I will use the chest and tricep split. On Monday, the main focus will be chest, with an emphasis on strength and mass. So lifts will include Incline, Flat, and Decline Bench and Chest Dips. With reps between 6-8 reps. Then when you transition to hitting triceps, your focus is more on definition and endurance with exercises like Rope Pull-Downs and Kick-Backs, with the rep range between 12-15 reps.
Then later in the week when you are hitting Chest and Triceps, you switch Triceps to being the primary muscle group with emphasis on strength and mass. Exercises like Close Grip Bench, Skull Crushers, and Dips would be utilized, with a rep range of 6-8 reps. Then after hitting triceps heavy, you transition into Chest with an emphasis on definition and endurance. Exercises like incline and flat flies, and cable crossovers will be used with reps between 12-15 reps.

I usually just hit one body part a day.. but am looking to change things up a bit.

I've wanted to try the Push, Pull, and Leg split.. but I feel like I can't hit a body part fully if I have to split the time with another muscle group. I try to keep my weight lifting sessions around 45 minutes, and no more than an hour.

i've done this routine.. with a difference..

in week 2 it's

Mon:
Triceps and Chest - Heavy triceps, Light chest

or if you are doing it 2x in the same week, the 2nd time you work that muscle group do the change up..

Very interesting.
I like this on a lot for an intermediate to advanced lifter.
Dam fine job on laying it out bro.

What do you think of on the heavy back day going for thickness then on the light back day going for width?

That is pretty much what I am doing with back. Heavy days are filled with rows, and deadlift.. and then the light down is pull-downs, pull-up, and extensions.

That is pretty much what I am doing with back. Heavy days are filled with rows, and deadlift.. and then the light down is pull-downs, pull-up, and extensions.

This is what im thinking of doing on the heavy days deads/yates row/dumbell rows

Width day=pulldowns/pullovers/stiff arm pulldowns. Does that sound okay?

Top Bottom