Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training like an idiot when on cycle?

Once again, before you read my reply please remember that I completely respect everyone's opinion and am not someone who thinks he knows everything about fitness or sports science.

I've had these injuries since my early teens and had a full pro-Muay Thai career with over 100 fights, 81-19-5. I know my body sounds like a wreck but from a pain perspective its not there. I do Yoga 4 times a week, eat 100% clean, train people at my own gym and lift. Surprisingly lifting doesnt hurt because I've worked so long on correct form and built myself up to this weight over several years not months.

I appreciate everyone's concern though, and that's truly whats good about this forum. You guys are great!

If anyone still wants to answer the questions lol go ahead. :p

its a good idea to give out all your info ... your first post told me you were weak for your size, your 2nd post told me you were borderline on crutches.. and this post tells me you are a MMA killer.

to answer your question would be difficult.. even working your upper body only you said you had arthritis in both hands and disk problems. I don't see how pounding away further is gonna be a smart idea.

once you start using drugs for your arthritis then you are hooked .. not a direction you want to go.

assuming you won't further injure yourself and your injuries don't hinder your training, increasing your lifts and eating enough protein is a fool proof way to grow. I have uneven hips from an old injury myself. there's ways to train around it and correct it during lifts like squats, deads, etc.

get stronger and eat enough protein and you can't help but to grow

I know the title is weird...

I have done Var only cycles before and at the time I was in a weight class specific sport so I pretty much did the training for function. 5x5 stuff and conditioning.

I am now doing a Var cycle just for aesthetics and am pretty much focused on increased forearm and bi/tri size as well as my traps. It may seem ridiculous but I'm not too worried what everything else looks like, I mean its unlikely I'll lose all my muscle in 8 weeks anyway.

I am 6'1 230. People tell me, "oh your arms will get big, just lift heavy"...my arms are freakishly long. I think I have an 80'' reach approximately so when I gain muscle it barely shows. I am contemplating just doing arms, forearms and trap work during my 8 week cycle. (var,proviron,transderm test )

I know this isn't the balanced way to do things but I want certain parts of my body to grow. In the event that I was to pursue this...how would I go about it? It is hard for me to overtrain when I'm on Var, I feel great usually and now with the transderm and proviron I imagine it will only be better.

For maximum hypertrophy what type of training should I be looking at?

Also,before pro bodybuilders and people who pride balanced physiques get on my case, I understand where you are coming from and respect that a lot of people believe I should do regular training using more muscle groups while I am on cycle. These are my current 5 rep maxes.

Bench : 230 x 5
Squat : 240 x 5
Deadlift : 300 x 5
Overhead press : 170 x 5
Clean : 240 x 10

My arms did not grow while doing compound lifts. Everyone said it would but it never happened. My arms only started growing after I split chest/bis - shoulder/tris. Bis get indirect work on chest days and bis get it on back days. I added a little over an inch to my arms in a relatively short time (also added 20lbs). So this is what works for me currently.

I have a torn meniscus in each knee. One knee has so much scar tissue in it that my leg doesn't straighten out completely hence my hips are imbalanced. 3 herniated disks. Arthritis in both hands.

Car accident = explains strange numbers.

Thanks for the advice though, I will definitely use it!

I was injured in a car accident 21 years ago. I have no disks in l2-l5. I've also had two benign tumors removed from my back that were less than an inch from my spine. The lower one damage a lot of muscle. That said, squats saved me. But I have to be careful and watch my form. My knees are good tho. If you can get the knees well, squats will actually help your back.

IMO, you need to develop an approach that is balanced, otherwise you are just working around your injuries in a way that may prove unwanted. Even in the most strict form, your knees have involvement in EZ Curls, Scull Crushers, even Ab work. Go to the root of your training skills. It sounds like you have some advanced knowledge of certain training, try expanding on those points. Was there a spiritual practice connected to any of your training? If not there probably was at one time. Check that stuff out. It can help with healing and a balanced approach to all aspects of your life. Hey, I'm the Buddha, what did you think I was gonna say?

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I'm going to go ahead and stick with the compounds then and just keep it going and eating, let's see what happens. :)

My arms did not grow while doing compound lifts. Everyone said it would but it never happened. My arms only started growing after I split chest/bis - shoulder/tris. Bis get indirect work on chest days and bis get it on back days. I added a little over an inch to my arms in a relatively short time (also added 20lbs). So this is what works for me currently.

you added 20 lbs to your arms? You must have some huge arms! Pics?

Top Bottom