Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training by instict?

the small soldier

Plat Hero
Platinum
The first few years I began training, I followed structured routines and counted reps sets etc. But After awhile and especially recently will me trying to cut bodyfat I noticed I wasn't seeing any changes. Within the past 2 months I've started to "train by instict" I aim for 6 days a week in the gym. I've been doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, something steady state, P90x cardio or a run. Then If I'm off work I'll train twice. Once around 11am or noon and then again later around 430pm I'll always do legs chest and back biceps and triceps twice. Abs I do every 3 days and shoulders I do once. But the reps, the order the sets, I go by how I feel and I've seen nothing but improvements. 10 pounds on my bench. 50 on my squat and about 5 on my deadlift. I always go heavy and do a 5x5 2x12 3x10 or a 10 8 6 rep scheme for the big 3 and the rest I go by feel. Sometimes I'll do dumbell flyes with 60-70-80 for a 8 7 6 or maybe I'll do 30, 40, 50, for 20-15-12. Either way I listen to by body ALWAYS PUSH MYSELF If I do lighter weights I go til failure, Heavy weight I listen to my body. I always feel great in the gym and during recovery. Anyone else train this way? If you do, how is it working out for you?

I started about 6 months ago to train like this. I maintain a split as to which muscle groups i want to work but i pretty much just do what i want as i feel like it. I feel like it keeps more more active...less time between sets for example. Ive def seen improvements as well. In that time bench jumped about 40 lbs. DLs up about 70. Sqauts up about 50. Rows...well idk bc the dbs only go up to 125 at my gym which i now rep with ease. And those are my working sets not my 1rm weights.

i train by instinct for the most part... maybe once a year or so i will do smolov or some type of specialization program, but not all the time or consistently...
this is the best way to train if you know your body imo...

agreed. When you're training for a meet do you follow a program?

I started about 6 months ago to train like this. I maintain a split as to which muscle groups i want to work but i pretty much just do what i want as i feel like it. I feel like it keeps more more active...less time between sets for example. Ive def seen improvements as well. In that time bench jumped about 40 lbs. DLs up about 70. Sqauts up about 50. Rows...well idk bc the dbs only go up to 125 at my gym which i now rep with ease. And those are my working sets not my 1rm weights.

feels more nautral. I still use a program for meets and competitions though just so I have some strucure.

leading to a meet would be the time i would at least get a bit more organized... i will often differentiate from plans if i feel a need for changes...
i love the first phase of the smolov squat cycle...
the ed coan deadlift program works great for me if i take out the assistance part... but i do work my back a lot at work...
i do lots of 5's, 3's and 1's... not necessarily all on the same day...

leading to a meet would be the time i would at least get a bit more organized... i will often differentiate from plans if i feel a need for changes...
i love the first phase of the smolov squat cycle...
the ed coan deadlift program works great for me if i take out the assistance part... but i do work my back a lot at work...
i do lots of 5's, 3's and 1's... not necessarily all on the same day...

I just do heavy singles for my deadlift and lots of speed work. My squat program varies my bigges challenge is getting depth with big weight. 550 feels light on my back but as I go down Theres no way. I can barely get parallel. 455-475 is my limit for a good squat with proper depth.

Top Bottom