Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tom T...here's my routine

Illuminati

as promised, here's my routine that i am gonna try out over the next 8 week. sorry it took me longer than promised. i was sick friday, lifted sat. morning, slept rest of the day, went out at night, got back at 4am, and slept most of the day today. plus i had some homework. any, enought excuses. this is what i am gonna run with...

Mon
Bench with bands (mini's) doubled over under a db
2 chest movements
2 tri movements
light shoulder work
band work 9 sets of 10 varying grip (3cg, 3med, 3 wide) Reps/sets by feel for everything else, shoot for 4x10

Tue
3 Bicep movements
2 Lat movements
Reps in the 8-10 range on the higher side. object here is not to kill myself, so that i can be ready for max out day on thursday.

Wed
Alternate between Box Squats with bands, or speed deads
Hack Squats
SLDL
Leg Ext
when doing box squats 10 sets of 3, speed deads, 10 singles with 75% of max. reps/sets on all others, 4x10

Thur
Max out on a bench movement (alternating the movement)
3 tri movements
1 chest
When doing suspended bench work with bands (green jumpstretch) follow this up with doubled over band work, like monday, only working up to a 3RM all other exercises 4 sets of 6-8 on the lower side.

Fri
3 Lat movements
2 Bicep movement
Lat movements going heavy for low reps, 4 sets of 6-8. Bicep's 3 sets 8-10

Sat
Max out alternating deadlifts/good mornings/some form of squats
SLDL 4 sets working to a 5RM. go for a PR when maxing out on squats
Leg Curls 3 sets 8
Leg Ext 3x8
Calf Raises done by feel

Sun
REST REST REST

basically what i have done is to take some principles of WSB and apply them to my needs. i love the strength i got from using a WSB routine, but wasn't getting any size increase. i have a speed day that is followed up 72 hours later by a max out day. (speed bench day monday, 72 hours later max out bench day on thursday. speed squat/deadlift day wed, 72 hours later max out day on squat/dead/GM.) on the first half of the week(mon-wed), i am using higher reps. this does 2 things for me: first i am working my hypertrophy; secondly i am not taxing my muscles to the point where i will be tired for the max out day. i forgot to mention, i am not taking my reps/sets to failure in the first half of the week. i keep my shoulder work light. this is because i feel that the shoulders get worked indirectly to some extent with almost every upper body movement that i do (as stabilizing muscles.) also, occassionally throw in some trap work on my tuesday or friday workout if i have energy. this is another area that i have never had trouble with.

the second half (thur-sat) i am working my strength aspect. i have found over time that it takes me 4 days (96 hours) to recover from a max out day. and if you notice, my max out day for bench is wednesday, 4 days later, i have my speed/hypertrophy day. same with the squat/dead/GM day which is saturday, 4 days later doing my speed/hypertrophy work.

as far as diet. i dont really count numbers. i just try to eat 5 meals, plus a protein shake before i got to bed. my typical daily intake:

Meal 1 (6:30)
4 eggs over easy, with 4 pieces of wheat bread
2 bowls of cereal
2 glasses choc. milk
Meal 2 (9:00)
Turkey and cheese sandwich
2 cups of yogurt
40g protein shake
Meal 3 (12:00)
this is my lunch. it varies. but i always include a salad, bowl of pasta, and 2 cups of milk
Meal 4 (3:00)
Turkey and cheese sandwich
bowl of strawberries
40g protein shake
Meal 5 (6:00)
this is my dinner. it varies. this also always includes a salad and 2 cups of milk
Night time Protein shake (9:30)
40g of protein

plus i drink water all day. at least a gallon.

ok. so there is my workout, and diet. i had posted that i had something that i thought would be a good combo for strength and size, Tom T asked what it looked like, so here it is. i've been working on this for a while. am i reccommending this to anyone? no, not yet at least. ill keep you guys updated, and let you know how it goes.

Top Bottom