Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Tiger88 more

superqt4u2nv

Elite
Head Moderator
Moderator
male fashion questions what is your feelings on men wearing pink?Also what do you think about the poped up colar look?
 
DieselGunz said:
i have worn pink button downs, mostly striped


I only pop on polo's



tho not tiger


what u think of article?
Nah just like Tiger's input on male fashion I think he has good taste but other dudes feel free to chime in ;)
 
I don't wear pink. You have to be a certain type of pull that off without looking like a homo.

Popping collars is fine...but only on a Polo like DG said...even then it might look gay.
 
swole said:
I don't wear pink. You have to be a certain type of pull that off without looking like a homo.Popping collars is fine...but only on a Polo like DG said...even then it might look gay.

let's be real you gotta be a smooth black dude too really pull it off.
white dudes wearing pink = wanksta
 
HotPlumper4u2NV said:
let's be real you gotta be a smooth black dude too really pull it off.
white dudes wearing pink = wanksta

I agree maing.

Sometimes I see pink popped collars on white kids. I'm talking 98lb A&F having turds. Amazing.
 
HotPlumper4u2NV said:
let's be real you gotta be a smooth black dude too really pull it off.
white dudes wearing pink = wanksta



I am not a wanksta, if you want to flame call me a prep or guido :)


I just wear things I like, I dont always pop it depends on the jeans I am wearing and what look I am going for
 
DieselGunz said:
I am not a wanksta, if you want to flame call me a prep or guido :)


I just wear things I like, I dont always pop it depends on the jeans I am wearing and what look I am going for

flame you? now why would i do such a thing? did you say you wore pink? i didn't even read the post :)
 
I wore a pink shirt to work today. It looks good on me. I never understood what the issue is.

Popped collar though, I'm 5'9", 200 lbs. with a shaved head. I'm reasonably good looking, but the popped collar look is wrong on me. I think it looks high school to be honest.
 
jnevin said:
I wore a pink shirt to work today. It looks good on me. I never understood what the issue is.

Popped collar though, I'm 5'9", 200 lbs. with a shaved head. I'm reasonably good looking, but the popped collar look is wrong on me. I think it looks high school to be honest.

You're right though, it's hard to say yes or no to the popped collar. You really have to know the person and whether or not it fits into his "look."
 
jnevin said:
Hot pink was huge with Gotcha, Jams, Quicksilver, etc.


Touche' yes, you're right, it was more fusia than the pale tones now. Now they are all solid print, 80's was chopped up all over the fucking place crazy designes. Should be interesting
 
pink was unique and cool like 3 years ago since no one really wore it..(gay dudes, old old guys and confident bros)

now over wieght frat fat boys sport it. polo shirt pink or dress shirt...just over played..it was cool when no one sported it but its done and done..like lacoste (omg so glad that went out)

popped colar? never a good idea...it would look cool on cigerette polo shirts,(80s shirts but who wears those? no one really)

but it look shit and peeps who do it try way way to hard

whats worse then popped collar? when some dude wears 2 polo shirts at the same time and pops both colars :rolleyes:

i am all about being fashinably loud as you can but ......dont sport looks you think are unique but everyone and there bro look that way.

white belts used to be cool a few years back but now every dude sports one :rolleyes: skater white/black belts look cool

also the whole half tucked in shirt with the big belt buckle is tacky too
 
Great post tiger.

What do you think about the trend of going for the FULL tuck when wearing a dress shirt with designer jeans?

And what do you see as the future of designer jeans? Do you think you will see more people moving towards slacks? if so, what color? Seems like jeans are played out and the nicer clubs aren't allowing them as much anymore.

Pink shirts were always lame if you ask me, so were white belts.

LaCoste is cool for golfers and older dudes. Fuck, I have two lacost shirts though.

popped collar = brokeback
 
tiger88 said:
pink was unique and cool like 3 years ago since no one really wore it..(gay dudes, old old guys and confident bros)

now over wieght frat fat boys sport it. polo shirt pink or dress shirt...just over played..it was cool when no one sported it but its done and done..like lacoste (omg so glad that went out)

popped colar? never a good idea...it would look cool on cigerette polo shirts,(80s shirts but who wears those? no one really)

but it look shit and peeps who do it try way way to hard

whats worse then popped collar? when some dude wears 2 polo shirts at the same time and pops both colars :rolleyes:

i am all about being fashinably loud as you can but ......dont sport looks you think are unique but everyone and there bro look that way.

white belts used to be cool a few years back but now every dude sports one :rolleyes: skater white/black belts look cool

also the whole half tucked in shirt with the big belt buckle is tacky too

We've reached the end of this genre of fashion. It becomes painfully obvious when the uncool and nontrendy catch on a couple of years later. This is the awakening of a totaly revamped fashion trend and I'm telling you all it's 80's fashion big tim, the whole Jordasche jeans, tube socks etc...you'll see

Where's Freddie when you need him, tigger don't you have his cell? Call him and tell him we need a schooling
 
Lestat said:
Great post tiger.

What do you think about the trend of going for the FULL tuck when wearing a dress shirt with designer jeans?

And what do you see as the future of designer jeans? Do you think you will see more people moving towards slacks? if so, what color? Seems like jeans are played out and the nicer clubs aren't allowing them as much anymore.

Pink shirts were always lame if you ask me, so were white belts.

LaCoste is cool for golfers and older dudes. Fuck, I have two lacost shirts though.

popped collar = brokeback


imo tucking shirts into jeans just really makes u look so old..even dress shirts..if u are gonna tuck in a dress shirt throw on some nice pants

mens designer jeans..as of late ..distressed seems to be a big hit...they will be out soon..... designer mens jeans are wierd...not until recent did dudes start buying 75$ per of jeans .... no one did back like 5 years ago...really..think about it..maybe one pair but not several... jeans will never be played out..all about what u wear on top and how you wear it..confidence makes any thing look good (most of the time..with in like reason_)

again pink was cool when no one had it

i am a golfer so i have a ton of polo style shirts... lacoste was gay,, not even a great fit..if u had the money and bouyght lacoste over burberry u were a trend sucking dbag...burberry = nice polo shirts

i have a ton of tommy polo shirts (fit well easy to tapper in and plus at an outlet mall u can buy them for 25$ wqhle normallly like 55....

whit belts can be cool (so emo now) white is my fav color to wear so ya i love white

popped colar aint really gay but just stupid
 
superqt4u2nv said:
male fashion questions what is your feelings on men wearing pink?Also what do you think about the poped up colar look?
Pastels on a male always look geigh. Even in the 80's, when the popped collar look originated, it was geigh....wearing a popped collar is as cool as sporting a mullet in my book.
 
tiger88 said:
pink was unique and cool like 3 years ago since no one really wore it..(gay dudes, old old guys and confident bros)

now over wieght frat fat boys sport it. polo shirt pink or dress shirt...just over played..it was cool when no one sported it but its done and done..like lacoste (omg so glad that went out)

popped colar? never a good idea...it would look cool on cigerette polo shirts,(80s shirts but who wears those? no one really)

but it look shit and peeps who do it try way way to hard

whats worse then popped collar? when some dude wears 2 polo shirts at the same time and pops both colars :rolleyes:

i am all about being fashinably loud as you can but ......dont sport looks you think are unique but everyone and there bro look that way.

white belts used to be cool a few years back but now every dude sports one :rolleyes: skater white/black belts look cool

also the whole half tucked in shirt with the big belt buckle is tacky too


I agree, I was gonna say both those things are old news/outdated here.

I love those fatty frat kids, If I'm wasted at a bar I will talk shit in a second. They dont do shit cause they're fat and suck at life.

The dual polo thing is fucken gay too - I've only seen really really skinny dudes do it. It appears to me as if it is some kind of attention thing - nevermind he's a small little bitch, he's got two collars popped!
 
all of the fashion expertise you guys are going to receive are NOT goign to apply to the midwest or deep south. These areas might as well be on another planet. If you need any proof, watch american idol and check out the dbags with the comb forward haircut and fking 42 inch waste jeans... in these areas, you're more likely going to get girls based on how big your truck is lifted and how much you bench. No reason to try and play the sensitive male card, and win them over with style and grace... anyway...

let's just settle some things...

1. Oakleys are NEVER cool, nor do you look good in them, I dont want to hear disagreements, you are just wrong.
2. If you pop your collar, you are automatically trying too hard and look like ridiculous. You should only be wearing a polo when you are conforming to a slightly nicer dress code. Not when you want to look like Luke from the OC.
3. If you are ever considered to be "trying to hard to look good" instead of just looking like a stylish person, just stop and dress comfortably. This is generally the frat mentality of, I can't get any ass so I'm going to dress like some wad I saw on MTV and maybe girls will like me more.
4. If you are really ugly, stop wasting money on clothes. Instead keep in good shape and start saving for some facial work.
5. If you have f'd up teeth, go to a dentist/oral surgeon. Nothign looks more hillbilly slackjaw than fucked up grill.
6. NEVER wear a shell necklace. In fact, just don't wear a necklace unless you feel there is some deep personal significance (in which case I still don't recommend it but it's your body
7. Clunky soled dress shoes a la sketchers and kenneth cole are NOT cool. (k cole has a few nice pairs of DRESS shoes) Your nice shoes should be nice and your casual shoes should be casual. That simple. You don't put mud terrain tires on a benz.


Feel free to add to my list tigger.
 
I basically wear black, white, and grey, I have one blue dress shirt. I also have a couple of green shirts.

I will never wear pink or pop my collar because at least around here the people I see doing that are the type I'd rather kill than talk to. Plus pink is the one color I truly despise.

I agree with ZK for the most part. I do wear a Celtic necklace (Torque) from time to time. And I do have a couple of pairs of Doc Martens dress shoes.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
i think pink looks good with a suit. i have a couple of pink dress shirts and ties.

popping your collar i'm not into

but i am going to try to bring the european mullet in... tight on the sides long and messy spikes on the top and about a 1/2" longer on the back. brown hair, black and red highlights....
 
9. never wear T shirts with catchy sayings on them....aka slogan t shirts.Your girlfriend’s out of town? Wow, thanks for telling me..A tshirt that talks is a desperate bid for attention..Slogan shirts = supposed to be about self-expression but when everyone and thier mom has one on....kinda kills the point..lucky in kentucky! LOL

10. just because a dress shirt is expensive doesnt mean its nice or look nice on you... get dress shirts that fit.... tailored Jc penny clothes will look way better then someone who goes to Saks and just throws things togather...get things that fit you...

11. ball on a budget (save money and look nice) ...check out nordstorm rack, saks has a secondery store too.... ebay...etc..... alot fo nice things out there and u dont have to pay retail for everything thats nice.

12. less colonge is and always better then more
 
ZKaudio said:
all of the fashion expertise you guys are going to receive are NOT goign to apply to the midwest or deep south. These areas might as well be on another planet. If you need any proof, watch american idol and check out the dbags with the comb forward haircut and fking 42 inch waste jeans... in these areas, you're more likely going to get girls based on how big your truck is lifted and how much you bench. No reason to try and play the sensitive male card, and win them over with style and grace... anyway...

let's just settle some things...

1. Oakleys are NEVER cool, nor do you look good in them, I dont want to hear disagreements, you are just wrong.
2. If you pop your collar, you are automatically trying too hard and look like ridiculous. You should only be wearing a polo when you are conforming to a slightly nicer dress code. Not when you want to look like Luke from the OC.
3. If you are ever considered to be "trying to hard to look good" instead of just looking like a stylish person, just stop and dress comfortably. This is generally the frat mentality of, I can't get any ass so I'm going to dress like some wad I saw on MTV and maybe girls will like me more.
4. If you are really ugly, stop wasting money on clothes. Instead keep in good shape and start saving for some facial work.
5. If you have f'd up teeth, go to a dentist/oral surgeon. Nothign looks more hillbilly slackjaw than fucked up grill.
6. NEVER wear a shell necklace. In fact, just don't wear a necklace unless you feel there is some deep personal significance (in which case I still don't recommend it but it's your body
7. Clunky soled dress shoes a la sketchers and kenneth cole are NOT cool. (k cole has a few nice pairs of DRESS shoes) Your nice shoes should be nice and your casual shoes should be casual. That simple. You don't put mud terrain tires on a benz.


Feel free to add to my list tigger.

i normally don't like oakleys but i do like the new gascans. however i usually sport rayban avis
 
i agree with just about all the things that niger88 and zkaudio said. but i know nothing much about fashion and dress like a slob.

minor point of clarification: are you referring to all oakley's (even ones that are nondescript and look like ordinary shades), or just the 80s "blades" look?

fucking quiet riot = sweet.
 
tiger88 said:
9. never wear T shirts with catchy sayings on them....aka slogan t shirts.Your girlfriend’s out of town? Wow, thanks for telling me..A tshirt that talks is a desperate bid for attention..Slogan shirts = supposed to be about self-expression but when everyone and thier mom has one on....kinda kills the point..lucky in kentucky! LOL

10. just because a dress shirt is expensive doesnt mean its nice or look nice on you... get dress shirts that fit.... tailored Jc penny clothes will look way better then someone who goes to Saks and just throws things togather...get things that fit you...

11. ball on a budget (save money and look nice) ...check out nordstorm rack, saks has a secondery store too.... ebay...etc..... alot fo nice things out there and u dont have to pay retail for everything thats nice.

12. less colonge is and always better then more


A-Fucking-Men to that, women also need to realize that less perfume is better.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
13. don't wear aqua di gio... it's on par with popping your collar. There are too many great fragrances out there to wear the same thing everyone and their mom wears

14. don't wear cologne to the gym

15. don't put on cologne when you stink. You still stink

16. dont turn this thread into a "which cologne is the best" thread
 
tommy2tone said:
but i am going to try to bring the european mullet in... tight on the sides long and messy spikes on the top and about a 1/2" longer on the back. brown hair, black and red highlights....

you should go watch like... ANY rugby game in your area... every euro dude has been rocking that same haircut for years, even with the red/light highlights

i mean i guess if you're non-euro it would be kinda unique, but still..

I do find however that most of the trends that these guys bring over here get picked up pretty quickly. They were the first guys I saw rocking the designer jeans/$150 vintage tshirt combo which i dont need to mention how popular that is.. plus they were definitly the originators of the popped collar and faux-hawk, both of which I can slightly embarassingly say I've sported, but it was years before every douche could go over to Target and buy a pink polo and a bottle of hair gel...
 
ZKaudio said:
13. don't wear aqua di gio... it's on par with popping your collar. There are too many great fragrances out there to wear the same thing everyone and their mom wears

this makes sense. it's the only thing i wear.

bump for my oakleys question. i don't wear shades, but i just have to know.
 
jackangel said:
i agree with just about all the things that niger88 and zkaudio said. but i know nothing much about fashion and dress like a slob.

minor point of clarification: are you referring to all oakley's (even ones that are nondescript and look like ordinary shades), or just the 80s "blades" look?

fucking quiet riot = sweet.

dude, if you are still rocking blades... you're fine. Don't change a thing.

It's these new oakleys that look like that gay black blind dude from star trek and shit...they are just retarded on so many levels. Wearing oakleys is right up there with wearing your phone on your belt or having a jaw-line beard.
 
I've worn pink - while popping the colar :eek2: But being gay I don't bother if anyone thinks my style is not masculine enough. I usually only pop the colar on polos though - and not always. Men wearing pink isn't anything "out-there" there anymore. Since around the turn of the millenium it's become acceptable color for men and it's not even close to edgy-fashion. For those in rural areas where the newest fashion hits the latest, the internet is awesome. I haven't been living in LA year-round so I can order my favorite designers when I have an extended stay not close to a large metropolitin area.
 
imagine a club where every chick had the hairstyle with either a piece of cammo or skinny jeans tucked into high boots; every guy had the hairstyle with sunglasses. It was hell, I just drank. Tommy Lee was the DJ and he sucked balls.
faux-hawks must die
 
i think that pink is a preppy color on a guy. i cannot see a jock wearing pink.....
and i think it depends on what shirt it is when they use the propped collar look.
 
Top Bottom