Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thought I would say Hi

Dusthappy

I've been lurking here for over two weeks and figured it was time to come out of hiding and introduce myself so I can start picking your brains ;)

I'm Dustie, 36, stay at home mom of five, addicted to weight training, not so much the clean eating (though it's growing on me), but fully committed to overcoming years of following poor nutrition plans and getting nowhere but fatter.

I'm 5'4, 188 pounds (though nobody believes I weigh that much). I'm really hesitant of getting my body fat tested (those numbers just make me want to throw in the towel). I refuse the scale even at the doctors :rolleyes: I weight train four to five days a week with the focus being on growing muscles so my metabolism can be more efficient and those muscles will help me deal with some chronic health issues (seronegative RA, inoperable labrum tear). I eat five times a day, lean proteins, unlimited veggies, two servings fruit and usually one "clean" starchy carb with the meal that falls before my workout. I try to rely on whole foods for my meals versus supplements. I'm averaging 1750-1830 calories a day. I'm following the LiveFit training plan and am loving it. I've successfully added weight to every lift, every workout.

In the past I have been advised (and followed) a 1500 calorie diet prescribed by my doctor. I gained five pounds. I then took his suggestions to cut down to 1200 calories and gained a really foul mood and cellulite. After those attempts I threw his advice out the window and asked him to treat my hypothyroid symptoms with Thyroid in spite of being within normal ranges. He complied and prescribed 1grain. I've been too afraid to take it. Afraid of even further messing up my very stubborn metabolism. Instead I filled the rx, and decided to give my body a break from stressing about my weight. Conveniently, I also fractured my foot and spent two months in a boot, aggravating my labrum tear (left hip) which took me out of the gym for another two months. During that four months I ate whatever I wanted, whenever it wanted, gained another ten pounds and got even farther from my goals.

So here I am. Four weeks back into eating clean again and working hard in the gym. I've lost eight pounds and I'm feeling leaner. I won't take measurements for another week. And at the end of that week I get to add in cardio, though I'm feeling meh about that. I can't run because of my hip and I'm limited on the amount of resistance I can use on the elliptical as well without exacerbating the tear. I'm thinking of subbing 45-60 minutes walking LISS on the treadmill for the 30 minutes medium intensity the program calls for. I'm afraid of putting myself out of commission. Being able to weight train motivates me to keep my diet clean.

So there's my novel introduction. I look forward to picking your brains and someday being knowledgeable enough to contribute myself.

Welcome to Ef! It's sooo nice to see fresh faces here!!

It sounds like you are on the right track! I hear ya on the numbers. I finally stopped checking too because a number on a scale shouldn't be dictating my mood for the day! I'd really take it easy with the cardio and listen to your body. It's not worth a re injury.

Thank you for the welcome caligirl. I've been hanging out and just absorbing all the information on the board. There is a ton of experience and dedication here that I'm really enjoying reading about. It's quite motivating.

The scale is not my friend lol. One quick visit and my whole day can be ruined. Much better for my frame of mind to focus on how I feel and the good old seamstress tape measure for confirmation that I'm on the right track.

This hip is a total nuisance. It hurts pretty much constantly. Two sided sword, being overweight causes more pain, but the pain makes it difficult to consistently stick with an exercise plan. Oh well, that just means that I have to extra diligent in my diet.

Hi Guys!
Yup, me too. Never use the scale; it just tells me I'm stuck at the same weight anyway :( I personally think that eating healthy and following weight training program religiously is the key to the body you desire. Good luck with your progress, Dusthappy! You need to stick to it no matter what and you will see the results. Just make sure not to injure yourself again! :)

Top Bottom