Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Those of us GAINING LBM

I'm just trying to maintain right now. After the holidays I want to gain some mass. I just nned to concentrate on maintaining right nowl....lol, I'm with Anya....I have a built lower body and need to bulk up the top a little.

I've been trying to gain for a couple months. I hadn't thought I was making too much progress, but a relative I haven't seen since Xmas just told me that my arms were "getting awfully" big. (A massive 11 inches ...) Yay!

Bumping this because this is where I'm at right now and wondering if anyone else was also working on gaining weight.

The Shadow said:
higher protein
slightly higher carbs
better quailty training...not more

agreed...I'm in a gaining mode...Higher protein for sure, slightly higher carbs, switched from low intesity/60min cardio 5-6 hrs/week to interval training for 20min 3x/wk. Changed up the lifting program. ( I do this every 6 weeks.) Added 75mg of Deca to my diet/wk.

I figured I wasn't alone. I'm cutting out my cardio until mid-late March. I know from the past that I can't gain if I'm doing much of it (though I just can't seem to give up a 15-20 minute light cooldown post lift). My protein, cals, and carbs are up. I always drop my carbs in the summer but I have them kicked up to 30% of my overall daily cal intake.

Though now I'm pondering trying Mr. X's diet mentioned earlier in this thread as it sounds interesting.

Changing up your lifting program is a great thing boscoe! Change is good for the body. Plus it's dull to do the same routines for months on end.

I've been told it is good to shock the muscles by changing up your routine about every six weeks...same with legths of diets...6 weeks. I want to put on some mean size for this summer, and I'm taking a month off in march to recoop from my boob havoc so I figure I have about 6 more weeks before my surgery. During March I'm going to have to really keep my protein level high, and watch the crap out of my fat and carbs....and after march it will be time to concentrate on losing all the fat I'm going to gain in March!

Now I'm keeping my carbs low, trying to lose some fat without losing muscle. I'm keeping my protein high and fat moderate, and continuing to train hard. I'm doing some cardio, but not more than half an hour at a time (about three or four times a week). I'm down to 167...I had gotten up to 176. I finally figured out my bf with calipers. I'm at 22%.

Wend, how tall are you? One more question...Where the hell did you find the calipers? I've looked at every sports store in town. I guess I might have to resort to ordering them online.

I'm 5'8".

We got them at a local fitness store...very cheap. They're the Accumeasure (sp?) ones, the only ones that you can measure yourself with. They're cleverly designed, with a little thumb press that clicks into place when you've got the right pressure, at which point you can pull it away from you and read it...there's a sliding marker that stays in place even after you've released the calipers. They've got instructions and a table. A very good investment of about $7.

Top Bottom