Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This is a long poem , but fantastic!

B

buksoon

Curl Up And Diet by Ogden Nash

Some ladies smoke too much and some ladies drink too much and some ladies pray too much,
But all ladies think they weigh too much.
They may be as slender as a sylph or a dryad,
But just let them get on the scales and they embark on a doleful jeremiad;
No matter how low the needle happens to touch,
They always claim it is at least five pounds too much;
To the world she may appear slinky and feline,
But she inspects herself in the mirror and cries, Oh, I look like a sea lion.
Yes, she tells you she is growing into the shape of a sea cow or manatee,
And if you say No, my dear, she says you are just lying to make her feel better, and if you say, yes, my dear, you injure her vanity.
Once upon a time there was a girl more beautiful and witty and charming than tongue can tell,
And she is now a dangerous raving maniac in a padded cell.
And the first indication her friends and relatives had that she was mentally overwrought
Was one day when she said, I weigh a hundred and twenty-seven, which is exactly what I ought.
Oh, often I am haunted
By the thought that someone might discover a diet that would let ladies reduce just as much as she wanted, Because I wonder if there is a woman in the world strong-minded enough to shed ten pounds or twenty, And say There now, that's plenty;
And I fear me one ten-pound loss would only arouse the craving for another.
So it wouldn't do any good for ladies to get their ambition and look like somebody's fourteen-year-old brother,
Because, having accomplished this with ease,
They would next want to look like somebody's fourteen-year-old brother in the final stages of some obscure disease,
And the more success you have the more you want to get of it,
So then their goal would be to look like fourteen-year-old brother's ghost, or rather not the ghost itself, which is fairly solid, but a silhouette of it.
So I think it is nice for ladies to be lithe and lissom,
But not so much that you cut yourself if you happen to embrace or kissome.

I had cause to paraphrase a part of that in the "chat & conversation" thread (actually a Tara-Reid-is-too-skinny thread about the "incredible shrinking Hollywood actress!")

I thought it might give us all a laugh. Ogden Nash = laugh machine.

I enjoyed reading that buksoon. Just to add....yesterday was my cheat day---- KFC for lunch ; pizza and bread stix for dinner ; brownie desert and a couple Miller's thrown in with the pizza's......I personally felt like a beached whale last night. Luckily the Metamucil kicked into high gear this morning :)

am i the only one on here that's happy when the scale goes up???

i want the bf down, but the numbers on that scale to keep going up! :D

My scales say 150 pds......bodyfat, done by my buddy with the caliper thingy...was 14%. After my cheat day yesterday, I am probably topping out at about 154 pds.....dont want a lot more weight. Working hard on getting the bodyfat down .....

I just thought it funny to compare yourself to a manatee or sea cow in the poem--- I always say I feel like a beached whale.

Once upon a time there was a girl more beautiful and witty and charming than tongue can tell,
And she is now a dangerous raving maniac in a padded cell.

Guys, I guess I really love that rhyme in particular. How many of our younger sisters have we watched that happen to? Gorgeous, vibrant, whipsmart. And then ... caught up in something vicious. Like a monster has taken hold....

Love the last part though. "A 14 year old with some obscure disease"-- ha!!

Yep, I'm lookin' at YOU, Jennifer Aniston, Renee Zellwegger, Ally McBeal, Tara Reid, half the starlets of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautful.....

speakin of....

Renee Zellwegger = Uggghhh! Have you seen her lately? Geez, she is lookin anorexic...she looked much better w/a few pounds on her for sure!!

Top Bottom