Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This (almost) made me want to buy Crysis 3

Hansel you been following the whole Colonial Marines scandal? I was really looking forward to that game. There might be a class action suit because of how nothing they advertised was actually in the game. They may have even used a different graphics engine for the teasers and trailers. Fatboy can chirp in here all he wants but people put down $60 for that game, and no there was no demo released prior. I've heard from multiple sources the sentence "worst game ever".

Gearbox, Sega ''Lied'' With Aliens: CM Promo Media, Demo

this is a hilarious glitch video...

Aliens Colonial Marines: All Singing, All Dancing. - YouTube

lol, no I haven't even heard about this game to be honest. Guess that shows how much exposure its really gotten. I frequent a few of the top gaming sites daily and never seen a headline, or if I did it didn't look interesting enough to care.

Some more info-

Gonna probably try out Crysis 3 tonight to see how it plays.

It shocks me that you'd think your brand of scum-baggery isn't as bad as someone elses.

:rolleyes:

Damn, you can't make my points any better. People are going to think you're a plant.

well we're in a video game discussion thread and I don't pirate video games, so what point are you trying to make?

Booyah-

TzwnIvs.png

9AtYpyX.png

iWU5kSY.png

-excellent object motion blur

47XCkwK.png

mXT9Qvl.png

gy9hQ5e.png

JcVGJZu.png

0mXjg9B.png

OdkJDkB.png

B6EXl0m.png

RBfjOWp.png

etGYFe3.png

lh8bK7S.png

5gafKnp.png

JNwWGKZ.png

U9OvG33.png

V8rGJKe.png

Ye5HyRn.png

mieXy4u.png

I'm getting playable framerates at the above quality. Varies from mid twenties outdoors with environmental effects to mid forties indoors. All in all about as demanding on my rig now as the original was on it before any upgrades, albeit a bit higher settings now.

I might post a system load test later on.

Game is excellent btw. Like taking the best from both and putting into this. The bow is D-cups, nice attachments and tactical having to conserve arrows, but they can be picked up too. I'll probably post some video later (although I'm sure youtube has quite a few by now).

dude post your rig, I think we have the same video card right? 6870?

that is amazing. just wow. So did they bring back the gangsta lean from 1?

My card is the only modern thing on it.

D975XBX2 Badaxe2 board
Q6700
1GB GDDR5 Sapphire 6870HD
Win 7 Ultimate
4GB DDR2 800

I think I'm going to have to drop the settings a bit for better frames in the larger areas.

Here's how it runs for me, but note the Fraps adds lag. It's smoother without recording raw avi data-

For some reason video turned out darker than usual.

Hansel

1) That CPU of yours is seriously bottlenecking the 6870
2) I'm guessing you don't OC but with the catalyst software you can easily bump that 6870 much higher...it's built for it. Supposedly even my I3 is somewhat bottlenecking the 6870 so that's why i was looking into an i5 to OC that too. I was gonna hold off on that cause i didn't think even getting an i5 or even an i7 was gonna matter to play Crysis 3. Now I'm not so sure. I5's are probably gonna come down here alot real soon so I may pick one up and then give Crysis 3 a shot.

Edit: It's an 8 hour single player campaign? For $60....they can gtfo. Will buy it on Steam in a year when it's $20. Looks like i'm gonna buy far cry instead.

Last edited:
Good core utilization-

xpeiXR2.png

IP0BQUa.png

dhr5lCC.png

And it's not worth getting a better CPU for this old thing as it'd probably cost more than a newer one would. No more upgrading for me until I do a complete rebuild. I've tried OC'ing the CPU in the past but would get crashes even at 10% with Flash in web browsers. Timings were correct so it wasn't that. I wasn't about to flash BIOS as I've heard horror stories. Only a last resort type of thing for me.

I also have bumped up the GPU with Catalyst but would get artifacts. Probably because my system is just mismatched as it is. It works well enough for the time being.

The campaign can be as low as 5 hours according to some reports. I've never been one to complain about length though for games like this. Better quality than quantity. For games like this I'd rather have a solid 5-8 hour campaign than 20 hours of slog-fest filler. Remember back in the day when games cost just as much as they do now, and you could beat them in a few hours? Still didn't have a problem getting dozens of hours out of them with good replay value, mastering them, etc. Then there wasn't even MP at all back then like we have now.

Top Bottom