Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thinking about starting to cut...

Pdub74

So, I started to work out about a year ago because I was very skinny. I was at 122. After 11 months, I'm 155, but my body fat percentage shot up as well.

At 12%, should I start cutting? I want to lose some weight in my face and have my abs show again, but at the same time, I don't want to lose a lot of muscle mass. My goal is to drop to 6-7%.

I'm still in high school, and my metabolism is still great. Before I worked out, I could literally anything at any amount, and it seemed like I couldn't gain a pound. So I figure I just run and be able to preserve the muscle I gained (hopefully).

Because of this, should I not change my diet, and just run 2-3 times a week (after workouts)? Or should I also watch what I eat?

Also, if I end up doing this, what is some advice on how much to eat for someone 5' 8" 155 so I can limit my cutting. I understand if I don't bulk, I won't gain as much muscle mass, but at the same time, I think it's be better to have a year around workout without having to worry about cutting.

Whats your diet look like now? I naturally have a "skinny-fat" body type (skinny arms and legs, narrow shoulders, and a nice little belly). In the past 2 years (may 2010 will be 2 years of going 100% with diet and training). Now when i bulk up on 6500-7000 calories, i still have abs. so obviously, you are not eating that clean on your bulk. its fine to have a few cheat meals when bulking, your bulking and youre gonna put on some bodyfat but theres no reason to gain so much that you dont have abs when you flex hard, atleast the top abs should show.

I would strip the bodyfat off first, then bulk up. the more lean mass you have, the more muscle your body will put on compared to fat. so if one person was 200 pounds at 10% bf and the other guy is 200 pounds at 15% bodyfat, if they both eat the same exact diet and use the same training, the guy with less bodyfat will put on more solid mass. also the more muscle you have, the more calories your body burns meaning you will stay more lean in the off season.

I can easily see my abs if I flex, but I'd like to be lean enough to where I can see them when not flexing. It's just that I'm starting to form a belly when I don't flex and I don't like it lol :D.

So should I watch what I eat or just run after workouts and see if that does the trick?

In all honesty, I don't keep track of my meals.

I just have a protein cereal in the morning, whatever fatty foods I can get at lunch at school, a snack or two when I get home, and some type of dinner with meat.

After workouts (Monday/Wednesday/Friday), I drink a protein shake with about 50-55g of protein.

if i were you, i'd just lift while trying to get a more structured diet with more protein. Look aroudn and try to find a diet with protein 6 meals a day. should be enough to be able to transform your body a lot and get into a structured diet which you can fine tune as you continue. IMO its tough to go from no diet to 6 meal perfect diet. start small...... ur already pretty low BF compared to some people

From 12% it wouldn't take a lot to lose the weight in my face and a little in the belly I gained, right? Maybe a few weeks of protein/low carbs and running?

i think u should measure your bf%. if you were really at 12% your abs would be somewhat visible. you might be higher than you think. i know its hard to eat like a bodybuilder when your in high school, been there. just gota do some research on diet and nutrition. your can work with what you got, im sure your parents can be persuaded a little on the grocery list. especially if if its about your health, they might even respect you for it. i know mine did.

I don't really have anything to measure it, here is the link to my bodybuilding profile.

bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/s/pdub74

Maybe that'll help. I'm investing into a body fat electronic caliper soon.

Top Bottom