Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Think I found the ULTIMATE Post-workout combo!

Lumberg said:

1) There is really no appreciable difference between dextrose and maltodextrin..

isn't dex supposed to spike insuolin, and is considered a simple sugur (they add it to Creatine drinks for this purpose)?
isn't maltodextrin supposed to be slow acting non-insulin-spiking (synthetic, from corn usually, to mimic a complex carb)?

geoboy said:

isn't dex supposed to spike insuolin, and is considered a simple sugur (they add it to Creatine drinks for this purpose)?
isn't maltodextrin supposed to be slow acting non-insulin-spiking (synthetic, from corn usually, to mimic a complex carb)?

they are both high GI carbs. your body breaks down the bonds in the maltodextrin to dextrose very quickly.

Dial_tone said:
Has anyone used N-large as a post workout shake? It has more carbs than I want but it looks like a good choice.

has a decent amount of fat in it...something you don't want PW.

Dial_tone said:
Has anyone used N-large as a post workout shake? It has more carbs than I want but it looks like a good choice.

isn't N-large made by mass quantities (the company that used to be affiliated with this site)?

Stay away from anything made by those people, members have done lots of lab analyses on the stuff and it's not as advertised.

Lumberg said:

1) There is really no appreciable difference between dextrose and maltodextrin.

I don't think that's right. I read recently that there are long-chain malto's and short-chain malto's. the short chain are basically dextrose and quick spike, the long-chain (that most think of when discussing maltodextrin) act as a complex carb and slow release. I'll see if I can find the link.

geoboy said:

I don't think that's right. I read recently that there are long-chain malto's and short-chain malto's. the short chain are basically dextrose and quick spike, the long-chain (that most think of when discussing maltodextrin) act as a complex carb and slow release. I'll see if I can find the link.

PLease do.

Best tasing post workout combo for dieters: 1 liter vanilla coke about 100g high fructose corn syrup. 5min later 3 scoops optimum choc 100%whey 69g pro.
When you are dieting this is what you will look forward to all day long, you wont even want to take days off because then you can't have a post workout drink combo.

bigbabybodybuilder said:
Best tasing post workout combo for dieters: 1 liter vanilla coke about 100g high fructose corn syrup. 5min later 3 scoops optimum choc 100%whey 69g pro.
When you are dieting this is what you will look forward to all day long, you wont even want to take days off because then you can't have a post workout drink combo.

Actually you should do the whey first then the carbs later because the carbs go into your bloodstream much quicker than the protein and they "push" the protein into your muscles.

Dial_tone said:

I bought n-large when I was bulking last fall just because it was so damn cheap, but it tasted godawful. Some guys love it, but I couldn't stand it. I mean for a drink with that many carbs and that much fat it should be delicious. It seemed to work for gaining weight though.

I just mix dextrose, maltodextrin, and CFM whey isolate into some sugar free kool-aid post workout now. No more thick shakes for me.

Top Bottom