Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The wonders of vitamin C...

Vit C causes cancer HUH, chances are that study was founded by the US pharma groups, if to sell more of their meds, if you got enough money you can make a scientific study say anything you want it to.:mad: :mad:

Always check to see who funded such research, and how it was conducted, too often labs manipulate data until they get the results they're trying to promote.

Usually so they can introduce to you a new product that they produce, money makes the world go round!

I personally don't take such findings seriously unless at least 3 seperate tests are conducted by different groups and the results are the same.

my grandmother always tooks 3 grams of vit c per day starting at age 15 and she passed away at age 98 and never had to use a walking stick.

case in point.

this is by no means a flame

ok, everybody is different biochemically etc.

now, they have found if u take astronomical amounts of this stuff (they say over 500mg a day) but 15g is wayyy more than that...the vitamion C turns to an oxidant. OK....u have spent lots of time munching all these anti-oxidant vitamins, so why munch so much that it becomes an oxidants. oxidants are the types of stuff found in poisins, pollution, ciggarrette smoke and generally very nasty stuff.

the supplement industry is very unregulated. thy can claim so many things, jusdt look at all the 'miracle supplements' out there. now look at vitamin E. some pills ive seen whack 4000% the RDA in to these pills. vitamin E is verty hard to excrete and is stored in the liver where its toxic. yet nothing is really sone about it

also above 320mg and your body tries to excrete any excess vitamin C . you can come across people who have taken it there whole lives and been fine. u can also do the same with cigarretes and loads of other things.

i think why the scientific community was trying to get across its dangerous is because people went apeshit on dosages, as no cast iron dosag has ever been established by the government. so some people might chugg down bottles of the stuff a day.

the research that shows bp is reduced by vitamin C intake is on dosages of 200mg-300mg, i read the research paper. but doses of 500mg+ and your eins start to athersclerosis (bool vessels clog up, olike that stuff that happens to people before heart attacks).

i for one was drinking soo much OJ (i love it) i was in the 400-500mg range. ive since sclaed it down. it sucks all these thing are causing us cancer. but think about it, they must be, look at the western world. we have the highest incidence of cancer, and the number one cause of it is our diet. we supplement our diet with so much shit (i.e additives), of course some of it must be causing cancer.

i would personally believe taking too much vitamin C is bad for u. the research didnt say stop, it said limit it to less than 500mg. if u check with your doctors they wil say the same, and they are looking out for your health.

again no flame, just my honest opinion

danielson the research you pointed out was conducted on sedentary individuals in areas where pollution levels were normal, in these situations 500mg of vit C is enough.

However for the bodybuilder whose in the gym tearing their muscles down trying to rebuild and those individuals who live in a high stress environment, within polluted cities intakes of 3 - 5 grams of vit c actually helped keep their bodies healthy.

And it really depends on what you call western food, fastfood? because Italians and Greeks in fact have the healthiest hearts and arteries in the western world and the lowest incidences of cancer, lower than most asian nations to be factual.

so I think fastfoods and additives are what you must be referring to I agree with you here, but I don't think a water soluble vtamin like C can really stay in your body long enough to oxidise to dangerous or damaging levels,
vit E, A and D yes but C No way!

Still each to their own.:D

nice post adepss :) i meant diets in well britain as they mostly suck!

Top Bottom