Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

*The Ross Protocols: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Cycles!*

Tatyana said:
As steroid are a controlled substance in most countries, and banned as a performance enhancing drug, then there really are not that many experts.

I think a bit of common sense though.

A lot of years of experience, personal and training others is a plus, so is having a scientific background in something related to human biology/biochem/physiology.

The combo of the two, awesome.

People need to do their own research, and while I have met some of the most brilliant people I know in the bodybuilding community, I have also met some who are seriously lacking in the grey matter department (and I have seen them giving out advice).

sort of off topic, many make the mistake of going to genetic geniuses for advice thinking they must know the answers and the secrets. When those GG's could probably do most everything wrong and STILL be in the top 95% of pros. Or are so gifted in recovery that running their excersize program would just waste you away to nothing via overtraining and cortisol.

its like asking reggie jackson how to hit a home run.

Tatyana said:
I remember chatting with one young man in the gym, he is one of my every now and then training buddies.

He had been studying all the steroids.

He said he knew everything, so I asked him what I thought was a few basic questions like:

1. What steroid hormones are naturally occurring in your body?

2. Where do the sex steroid hormones come from/how are they produced/where are they produced?

3. What is the basic signalling pathway for sex steroids? Where is the receptor for sex steroids?

He didn't know.

I also remember after I got my copy of Anabolics 2006 and read the introduction, and my first thoughts were, 'Most of the lads are not doing any research, cause if they read these 10-12 pages, probably 75% of their questions on BBing forums would be answered'.

I am not sure what it is

A-if people just don't know where to look

B- if they don't really know how to do research

C- if they are lazy

D- if they don't have any basic understanding of human biology

E- if they just can't be bothered

- some of you lads are just too fantastic, knowledgeable and helpful :)

Probably some combination of A-E (I lettered them for my easy reference :)). "B" should be a no brainer for most anyone with a college education. I am fortunate enough to have access to thousands of full text journals with my faculty access at the university. It allows me to conduct my own research and not have to rely on what someone else tells me to be true. Though posts, articles, & other literature from folks sparks a question that I may have (like i am sure it does with u) and I try to prove or disprove it based on my personal experience along with scientific documentation.

Sometimes an individual is unable to find the complex answers he/she is looking for and that is why we have VETS and MODS. :)

Top Bottom