Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The push press

The Red Dragon

What weight can you guys handle with a push press and a military press?...Just to get a rough idea of the proportions. I did military presses today...handled about 75 lbs, but push press 95 (probably even more). What do you find to be more effective to build deltoids and push press doesn't involve an eccentric movement does it? (my lats were screaming).

seated military, 115 for triples.....push press, 135 for doubles. i'm working to up those numbers.

i feel less shoulder stress on push press, but still feel like i'm getting the work in.

125x8 for strict, standing OHP.

I think I've crapped out a VERY ugly 215x1 for a push-press w/no clean.

I train both strict and push-press. For me, they both complimernt each other very well.

Joker

Push Press is around 135 for 8-10 and 155 for 4-6. I did a set of 185s but that was a REALLY good day. Hasn't been that good of a day since. lol

about 195 for 3 to 4 when i could do them. low ceiling in basement makes them impossible now. maybe time to take some weights over to the ballfield for some outdoor push presses.

Top Bottom