Well, here we go again!
Ola to everyone I know from the Evo forum that fcalls this forum home, and a big Hello to everyone I haven't met yet here on EF!
Thanks to the legendary @RegenexPharma team for working with me and supporting my log!
For those I haven't met yet, I’m Panda, I’m Female (human), 37, 174cm, and I’ve been training BJJ for over 10 years, with a black belt for the last 3.
After 10++ years, I’m still completely obsessed with it, which is probably why I keep finding new ways to make my life revolve around training... but don't we all?
This is a new forum for me, although there are a few familiar faces from my old log floating around here too. So I thought I’d do a proper introduction before I get into the regular updates.
BJJ is priority number one.
I’m currently locking in 3 BJJ sessions a week alongside 4 gym sessions, with the gym work increasingly focused around strength and conditioning that actually supports my BJJ rather than just lifting weights for the sake of lifting weights.
I want to be stronger, fitter, harder to fatigue and generally more capable on the mats. I also want my gym training to complement BJJ rather than leave me so wrecked that I turn up to training feeling like I’ve been hit by a truck.
At the same time, I still have some very selfish lower body goals
I have always been quite thick framed naturally and I’m pretty muscular through my upper body without having to work particularly hard for it. My legs and glutes, however, have been a completely different story.
I had hip surgery about 1.5 years ago now after dealing with a very old injury, and while my hip is completely healed (and I am sure you are sick of hearing about it now), getting my lower body to really develop has been a process. I want to build a much more developed and shapely lower body, particularly through my glutes, hamstrings and quads, while still keeping that strong, athletic look.
So the hierarchy is basically:
1. BJJ performance 2. strength & conditioning 3. build the lower body 4. look hot while doing it.
I came home sitting around 73kg.
I’m not remotely ashamed of it
I went on holiday knowing full well that I was going to enjoy the absolute shit out of it, and I did. I ate the food, drank the drinks, travelled around, ate some more food and generally lived my best life.
I went in hard knowing I could come home and do the work to get myself back to where I was. Although TBH it doesn't feel amazing now looking in the mirror
So.... after all that, this is where my log starts.
My immediate goal is simply getting myself back into my normal routine, getting the holiday weight back off and getting back towards my pre-holiday 69kg while keeping my training performance high.
Once I’m back in rhythm, we can get into the bigger goals.
I generally use intermittent fasting, with my first meal around 11am, another meal around 2pm and dinner around 7:30–8pm depending on training (evening BJJ).
I’m FODMAP friendly and lactose intolerant, so there are some foods that are just not worth the digestive consequences for me
My diet is generally high protein and built around whole foods, with carbs adjusted around training. I’ve spent a lot of time playing around with calories and macros depending on whether I’m pushing performance, building, cutting or just maintaining.
For now, I am just looking to getting back into my normal eating pattern rather than trying to do anything dramatic. RIP daily pastries.
• HER by @RegenexPharma
• B12 (injected)
• Zinc
• Lysine
• Collagen
• Psyllium husk
And then there is the slightly more interesting section...
I had a full month completely off everything while I was away, so I’m now at the point of getting back into my routine and this part of the log will probably evolve as I go.
I’ll keep this section updated as things change rather than pretending I have some perfectly fixed protocol that will never move
BJJ: 3x per week
Gym: 4x per week
Goal: BJJ performance first, strength & conditioning second, lower body development alongside it.
My gym training is currently split around two lower body sessions, one upper body and, whole body moderate session, with the exact structure evolving as I work out what gives me the best carryover to BJJ without compromising recovery.
Get the Europe weight off.
Get my routine back.
Get my training rhythm back.
Get back to feeling strong and athletic.
One I have "gotten back" (geeze did I say that enough??), then we can start talking properly about the bigger BJJ, strength, conditioning and lower body goals.
So, after ALL OF THAT, this will be the new home for training updates, weight, food, progress, random observations, wins, failures, random exercises I try, BJJ wins, and probably too much debate with myself if I am ACTUALLY making progress or not.
Anyway, welcome to the new Panda log, thanks for reading my essay.
XOXO Panda
Ola to everyone I know from the Evo forum that fcalls this forum home, and a big Hello to everyone I haven't met yet here on EF!
Thanks to the legendary @RegenexPharma team for working with me and supporting my log!
For those I haven't met yet, I’m Panda, I’m Female (human), 37, 174cm, and I’ve been training BJJ for over 10 years, with a black belt for the last 3.
After 10++ years, I’m still completely obsessed with it, which is probably why I keep finding new ways to make my life revolve around training... but don't we all?
This is a new forum for me, although there are a few familiar faces from my old log floating around here too. So I thought I’d do a proper introduction before I get into the regular updates.
What I’m here to do
BJJ is priority number one.I’m currently locking in 3 BJJ sessions a week alongside 4 gym sessions, with the gym work increasingly focused around strength and conditioning that actually supports my BJJ rather than just lifting weights for the sake of lifting weights.
I want to be stronger, fitter, harder to fatigue and generally more capable on the mats. I also want my gym training to complement BJJ rather than leave me so wrecked that I turn up to training feeling like I’ve been hit by a truck.
At the same time, I still have some very selfish lower body goals
I have always been quite thick framed naturally and I’m pretty muscular through my upper body without having to work particularly hard for it. My legs and glutes, however, have been a completely different story.
I had hip surgery about 1.5 years ago now after dealing with a very old injury, and while my hip is completely healed (and I am sure you are sick of hearing about it now), getting my lower body to really develop has been a process. I want to build a much more developed and shapely lower body, particularly through my glutes, hamstrings and quads, while still keeping that strong, athletic look.
So the hierarchy is basically:
1. BJJ performance 2. strength & conditioning 3. build the lower body 4. look hot while doing it.
My Starting point: getting myself back on track
I went into Europe at around 69kg.I came home sitting around 73kg.
I’m not remotely ashamed of it
I went on holiday knowing full well that I was going to enjoy the absolute shit out of it, and I did. I ate the food, drank the drinks, travelled around, ate some more food and generally lived my best life.
I went in hard knowing I could come home and do the work to get myself back to where I was. Although TBH it doesn't feel amazing now looking in the mirror
So.... after all that, this is where my log starts.
My immediate goal is simply getting myself back into my normal routine, getting the holiday weight back off and getting back towards my pre-holiday 69kg while keeping my training performance high.
Once I’m back in rhythm, we can get into the bigger goals.
Food & diet
I’m pretty consistent with my diet when I’m in routine.I generally use intermittent fasting, with my first meal around 11am, another meal around 2pm and dinner around 7:30–8pm depending on training (evening BJJ).
I’m FODMAP friendly and lactose intolerant, so there are some foods that are just not worth the digestive consequences for me
My diet is generally high protein and built around whole foods, with carbs adjusted around training. I’ve spent a lot of time playing around with calories and macros depending on whether I’m pushing performance, building, cutting or just maintaining.
For now, I am just looking to getting back into my normal eating pattern rather than trying to do anything dramatic. RIP daily pastries.
Supplements
My regular supplement cupboard currently includes:• HER by @RegenexPharma
• B12 (injected)
• Zinc
• Lysine
• Collagen
• Psyllium husk
And then there is the slightly more interesting section...
Panda’s Chemistry Corner
I’ve previously been using HGH, L-carnitine, KPV, Reta and MT2.I had a full month completely off everything while I was away, so I’m now at the point of getting back into my routine and this part of the log will probably evolve as I go.
I’ll keep this section updated as things change rather than pretending I have some perfectly fixed protocol that will never move
Training
BJJ: 3x per week
Gym: 4x per week
Goal: BJJ performance first, strength & conditioning second, lower body development alongside it.
My gym training is currently split around two lower body sessions, one upper body and, whole body moderate session, with the exact structure evolving as I work out what gives me the best carryover to BJJ without compromising recovery.
So whats next?
For now, I’m just getting back on track.Get the Europe weight off.
Get my routine back.
Get my training rhythm back.
Get back to feeling strong and athletic.
One I have "gotten back" (geeze did I say that enough??), then we can start talking properly about the bigger BJJ, strength, conditioning and lower body goals.
So, after ALL OF THAT, this will be the new home for training updates, weight, food, progress, random observations, wins, failures, random exercises I try, BJJ wins, and probably too much debate with myself if I am ACTUALLY making progress or not.
Anyway, welcome to the new Panda log, thanks for reading my essay.
XOXO Panda

Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below 













