Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Oak's Training Journal

good stuff man...got a question though...hows the low rep, high weight scheme treatin ya? you making good strenght gains on that?

ChinkNasty said:
good stuff man...got a question though...hows the low rep, high weight scheme treatin ya? you making good strenght gains on that?

oh ya, especially with a lil speed work

speed bench

160 - 9x3

incline press

warm up

workset

225 - 3x6

cable flies

50 - 2x12

seated military

95x8
115x8
145x8
165x8
195x6

side raise

15 - 2x12

skulls

warm up

work set

90 - 3x6

over head ext

40x8
60x8
80x8
100x8
120x5

a lil sore throat and some body aches lsat night and this morning. kinda sux.
and i didnt this all in my garage, it was real hot, 80 degrees and dirty :)... and:(

squat

work set - 335 - 3x3

leg curl

80 - 3x10

calf raise

170 - 3x10

bb row

155 - 3x8

close grip row

120 - 2x8

shrug

225 - 3x5 (kinda light for today)

bb curl

95 - 3x5

db curl

35 - 3x8

still kind of under the weather, just made the best of it

bench press

(number so weak i dont wanna post them :(...) 3x5

incline machine press

the maker was flex leverage, just tried something new

90 - 2x10

seated military

185 - 3x5

side raise

20 - 2x15

rear delt

45, 50, 60, x15

skulls

70 - 3x10

over head ext

100 - 2x10

press down

50 - 2x12

wrist curls

bar, 65, 85, 105 x12

TheOak84 said:
still kind of under the weather, just made the best of it

bench press

Bah. It couldn't have been that bad. You're a Lee Priest clone, for cryin' out loud :)

Seriously though, don't sweat that. As you said, you were under the weather. In my experience, when someone is sick, they're usually dehydrated as well--and we know that's a sure-fire way to fuck over strength something terrible. It'll be better next time!

Otherwise, training is looking good/interesting.

Oh, and what's your all-time PR on barbell curls? As I recall, your arms were thick as hell, especially for your height. (I saw 2 sets of 145 for triples in your log; that made me curious ;).)

guldukat said:
Otherwise, training is looking good/interesting.

Oh, and what's your all-time PR on barbell curls? As I recall, your arms were thick as hell, especially for your height. (I saw 2 sets of 145 for triples in your log; that made me curious ;).)

ive curled 135 for 10 and 185 for 2. as for db's, i remember curling the 65 for reps of 5.

TheOak84 said:
ive curled 135 for 10 and 185 for 2. as for db's, i remember curling the 65 for reps of 5.

*nods* That's pretty cool. 185x2 is especially impressive. (Thinking about it, that means you were capable of curling your bodyweight or more at the time, right? Holy Christ. I dunno many guys that could match that.)

I haven't tried 185 yet myself, but I think I might. I don't think I could do it for even one without a lot of English, though ;)

guldukat said:
*nods* That's pretty cool. 185x2 is especially impressive. (Thinking about it, that means you were capable of curling your bodyweight or more at the time, right? Holy Christ. I dunno many guys that could match that.)

I haven't tried 185 yet myself, but I think I might. I don't think I could do it for even one without a lot of English, though ;)

of course i used a lil momentum with 185, with 135 its pretty strict untill the last 1-2 reps. thats basically with every movement also.

Top Bottom