Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The deal with milk...

J

jenscats5

So what's the deal with it?? I know there are some that are lactose intolerant, but what about if you're not?? How much of an effect will the lactose really have on the body??

If you're not going to compete, does one really have to avoid it?? Will 1/2 cup of skim milk per day have that much of a negative effect??

For example, since I'm carrying the bf I have around my waist -- could my fat loss be hindered by the milk?? After this gallon is gone, should I not buy any more ??

I can't talk about the science behind it, but here is my opinion. Take it for what it is worth. :)

Flat out, I don't think it will make or break you...GIVEN THE REST OF YOUR DIET IS CLEAN. I think everyone needs a couple things they "plan into" their diet so they don't go bonkers. If you are on a clean diet, then 1/2c milk a day probably won't be the reason you don't meet your goals. BUT, if you are NOT eating clean, that is a different story.

Also, there is a dramatic difference between someone who wants to comete, who wants a 6/8-pack, who wants a fitness competitors body/definition. If you want one of those things, then I wouldn't drink the milk. It is sugar. If you are someone who wants basic definition, flat-ish stomach, solid legs, etc....then it will probably be fine.

I have come to accept that if I eat clean 95% of the time, I can plan in somethings that are not clean (i.e., small low fat yogurt, such as Yoplait). This will not keep me from my goals. BUT, I have also dramatically altered my goals and expectations fo rmy body and myself over the last 6 months. I no longer wish to compete, I'd rather just look healthy and fit.

I think it takes examining your goals and expectations....do you want to lose the weight faster? Don't drink the milk. Can you give yourself small "treats" without going overboard? Then drink it.

The mroe clean your diet, the faster results will come and the more dramatic they will be. WIll you get there drinking milk? Probably, it just might take a lot longer.

Test it and see.....stop drinking it for 4-6 weeks, see if there is any difference. :)

Ya, DG -- after this gallon is gone I may not buy any for a while & see what happens.

The quickness of the results doesn't matter too much, but I'm trying to determine what the true effects of the sugars from the milk will be. Sugar is sneaky -- the stuff is everywhere darn it!! It's even in my cottage cheese.....jeez!

I'm kinda getting frustrated, cuz it seems I keep eliminating out of my diet and it almost seems like there's nothing left in that tastes good or is interesting....:(

usually eliminating dairy is something to do further along the line.a little milk now won't make much difference.Taking it out later when progress slows down/closer to goal has more effect.

I drink skim milk every day. Like Daisy, I follow the 95% clean policy and planning for certain foods I like. Since I don't compete and don't plan to, my diet is a lifetime thing. I keep reading that various dairy products can actually help people lose fat around the middle. It's because of the calcium, but there's supposedly something special about dairy calcium, because just popping a calcium pill doesn't have the same effect.

"Dairy for some reason, yet unexplained, has a greater effect on fat loss and specifically trunk fat loss than does calcium alone," says Rachel Novotny, PhD, RD, professor and chair of the department of human nutrition, food, and animal sciences at the University of Hawaii in Manoa." from WebMD Dairy Foods Help Burn Fat, Speed Weight Loss http://my.webmd.com/content/article/85/98720.htm

Thank you for posting that link FF......I'm undecided whether to completely eliminate the dairy or not....there seems to be a lot of argument about it.....

aquatic_chick said:
I think it is ok if it doesn't bother your tummy

jen that is a cute cat in the box!

Thank you!! That's my baby girl (10 years old!) kitty Lindsay.....

jenscats5 said:
For example, since I'm carrying the bf I have around my waist -- could my fat loss be hindered by the milk?? After this gallon is gone, should I not buy any more ??

I carry my bf around my waist too :chomp:

Kidding!

I have heard that milk and other dairy foods are actually good for losing weight, like they cause your fat cells to use fat for energy.

Your cat is cute Jenny, i love pets. except fish, you can't cuddle with a fish or play games with it, it just lies in a tank.

Top Bottom