Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Daughter Wins

bblazer

Banned
Despite some serious planning and training, it looks like I will not be competing at Kansas Strongest Man this year.

My youngest, and last to leave the nest, is having her senior prom that same weekend. She came to me the other night almost frightened, and a little teary, and asked that if I would reconsider competing in that event. I asked why, and she said "Because I want my dad to see me off to my senior prom - its one of the last things like that we'll have before I leave for college."

What could I say...

So Kansas Strongest Man will have to wait another year. There are a lot of other comps this year, and I have no problem giving one up for my daughter.

It just means more time to train, and I get to make my little girl happy!

Wish I could be there with you Scotsman! Good luck!

B-

Despite some serious planning and training, it looks like I will not be competing at Kansas Strongest Man this year.

My youngest, and last to leave the nest, is having her senior prom that same weekend. She came to me the other night almost frightened, and a little teary, and asked that if I would reconsider competing in that event. I asked why, and she said "Because I want my dad to see me off to my senior prom - its one of the last things like that we'll have before I leave for college."

What could I say...

So Kansas Strongest Man will have to wait another year. There are a lot of other comps this year, and I have no problem giving one up for my daughter.

B-
".

Coming from an 18 year old who has prom coming up in a few months, that's a damn nice thing you're doing for your daughter. I personally could give 2 shits about prom, but all the girls at my school really freak out about it and consider it "one of the last things before college.

I know how much the strongman competition means to you, and the fact that you're giving it up would tell me (if i was your child) that you really care and have your priorities straight. I hope your daughter has a great time and that you fucking kill it @ all your comps this year.

Good Luck with everything!

".

Coming from an 18 year old who has prom coming up in a few months, that's a damn nice thing you're doing for your daughter. I personally could give 2 shits about prom, but all the girls at my school really freak out about it and consider it "one of the last things before college.

I know how much the strongman competition means to you, and the fact that you're giving it up would tell me (if i was your child) that you really care and have your priorities straight. I hope your daughter has a great time and that you fucking kill it @ all your comps this year.

Good Luck with everything!

Thank you.

B-

Good Call Blaze!
You da man, cuz your little girl will remember that forever.

What could I say...

B-

Awwwww, you're sweet. She'll remember that you made her a priority forever. :)

Thanks everyone.

Family comes first in this house. It was a lesson I learned the hard way several years ago.

B-

Great to see people putting family above lifting.

Great to see people putting family above lifting.

Absolutely. Family is infinitely more important than any competition. Competitions will always be around, but your little girl will only have one senior prom.

I can't tell you how many training sessions I've missed since becoming a father almost 2 years ago. It has definitely messed up my progress and gains, but I wouldn't do it any other way.

It says a lot about you as a father that she cares enough to want you around for prom. When I was that age I just wanted my parents out of my face. I couldn't have cared less if they came to my sporting events or anything. Good luck in 2011 Kansas Strongest Man.

Top Bottom