Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the 2005 NFL SEASON

Blitz99: you're tripping man. payten the best ever?!?!?! get the fuck outta here!

He can't even beat the Pats man, and they had some guys off the streets playing DB for them. For two years in a row, colts were bad ass in the REGULAR season, but in the playoffs they just disappear, cuz thats when the big boys come out...ya know what im sayin! The EDGE is NOT over-rated, just wait til he's gone, u'll see what that does to their offense, who's payten gonna play action too? his ass?? play action is only as good as the running back u have in the back field, and how much attention he defense is giving him and how much attention he really deserves! believe me a guy like EDGE gets attention on every play!

PATS: As long as they got most of their guys together, they gonna have a chance, cuz they got that team chemistry, and tough mentality thing down. Boy, they FUCKED Up by letting Brown go! thats just sad.

AFC: chiefs aint shit yo, they got no D. broncos can't do it. I'm a Raiders fan, i'd like to see them take the AFC west, but they need to get their D together.

as far as the steelers go, big BEN ain't shit. don't let that winnning streak fool you. he only threw 19 times a game. they won by RUNNING and playing DEFENSE. thats it, he was taught to "DON'T Make a mistake, just throw it away" he probably made 10-15 good throws all season, but any first round pick will do that. he is NO where near good as he's hyped up to be. 19 throws a game, c'mon man...college back up get more throws than that. even if you're strengths are Defense and running, an NFL starter usually throws 35-40ish times a game.

roadkill75 said:
An NFL starter usually throws 35-40ish times a game.

Most teams, but the steelers throw 20-25 times. Unless they are behind. Your both right... Ben fucking sucks. What was I thinking...
:rolleyes: .

ass_face said:
Your first statement is idiotic. The kid was a fucking Rookie and he had a 98 passer rating. Yeah... he sucks :rolleyes: . He had a bad playoff run, but a lot of that was due to Cowher's tendency to be ultra predictable in the playoffs... Hence his shitty playoff record. I do agree that Ben was given too much credit for their success, but he made plays early in there run against the Eagles and Pats that Maddox or most QB's would not have. The running game and O-line and solid D were The Steelers reason for success. Losing Plex will hurt, but I am sure they will add someone to pick up the slack... although Plax was a unique commodity. Not too many 6' 5" receievers out there.

you just agreed with everything BLITZ99 said, how is his statement idiotic???

98 passer rating doesn't mean anything. you throw for 19 times, and u complete 13 of them, which gives u a really good passer rating. wow!!! was he "carrying his team" was he "good under pressure, making the tough throws" don't tell me about this play or that play....cuz every NFL player gets to make a decent play every now and then. the game is consistency bro! he stunk it up so bad in the playoffs, it was horrible to watch. I wonder what their Defense was thinking after the game. ha!

roadkill75 said:
you just agreed with everything BLITZ99 said, how is his statement idiotic???

I watched every Steeler game... he was not asked to do a lot, but when he needed to, he made big plays. I agree he sucked in the playoffs. But to say he sucks is ignorant and idiotic.

Keep cheering for Quarterbacks that throw 50 times a game and can't win the big one. I am sorry, but Manning is a mindless Automaton. When he sees something he does not recognize he is a like a computer who can't read a piece of garbled code. He freezes up and goes into the fetal position.

So, yes I do agree with blitz on some of his points, but to say the Rookie of the Year sucks is a bit much.

sparky_d2 said:
All I can say is... Who Dey! The 'Nati in 05

Right the fuck on. As a life long Bengal fan, the Bengals are back. They will be the surprise team in the NFL next year. With the best receiving corps(Johnson, Houshmenzadeh, Warrick, Washington) in the league and Carson Palmer coming on with more experience, our offense will be a top 5 and don't forget about Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry either.

Defensively, the Bengals will much improved with alot of our rookies getting playing time last season due to vets being on IR. One name to remember is Madieu Williams. He is premiere safety in the league. A big hitter, smart cover, and remiinds me of David Fulcher in alot of ways. The linebackers will be tough. With Webster back in the middle next season, Simmons on the inside, and another name to look out for at the outside position, Landon Johnson. If Marvin has another A+ draft and sures up the O and D lines, look out.

ass_face said:
I watched every Steeler game... he was not asked to do a lot, but when he needed to, he made big plays. I agree he sucked in the playoffs. But to say he sucks is ignorant and idiotic.

Keep cheering for Quarterbacks that throw 50 times a game and can't win the big one. I am sorry, but Manning is a mindless Automaton. When he sees something he does not recognize he is a like a computer who can't read a piece of garbled code. He freezes up and goes into the fetal position.

So, yes I do agree with blitz on some of his points, but to say the Rookie of the Year sucks is a bit much.

c'mon man HONESTLY. do you really think "big Ben" deserved all that hype??? they had burgers named after him, i dont think he "sucks" cuz he's obviously an NFL starter, so he can't suck. but he is no where near as good as they hype him up to be. he played like a rookie most of the season, and he REALLY played like a rookie in the playoffs, steelers should kiss the JETS kicker's ass TWICE for missing them field goals. i mean thats how bad BIG BEN played. if it was a decent NFL QB, NO WAY that game goes to O.T.....hmm..beating the pats..now thats a bit much.

Manning: I disagreed that he's the best ever. NO FREAKIN' WAY. he is an awesome qb, can read the defenses very well. and also nail the sucker between the numbers 40 yards down the field. but he just hasn't won any big games. anyways, i think im giving the colts too much of my time. they play indoors..enough said!

and also if i'm gonna cheer for a QB, i'd rather pick the one that throws 50 times a game and takes the loss like a man, not some lil kid who's most important job is not to fumble when handing the ball off to the RB. ha!

roadkill75 said:
c'mon man HONESTLY. do you really think "big Ben" deserved all that hype??? they had burgers named after him, i dont think he "sucks" cuz he's obviously an NFL starter, so he can't suck. but he is no where near as good as they hype him up to be. he played like a rookie most of the season, and he REALLY played like a rookie in the playoffs, steelers should kiss the JETS kicker's ass TWICE for missing them field goals. i mean thats how bad BIG BEN played. if it was a decent NFL QB, NO WAY that game goes to O.T.....hmm..beating the pats..now thats a bit much.

Manning: I disagreed that he's the best ever. NO FREAKIN' WAY. he is an awesome qb, can read the defenses very well. and also nail the sucker between the numbers 40 yards down the field. but he just hasn't won any big games. anyways, i think im giving the colts too much of my time. they play indoors..enough said!

Not sure if he deserved the hype... but he had a 14 game winning steak... Broke the rookie and regular player record. many of the wins he was directly responsibgle for the wins... (see Ravens game 2, Pats, Eagles, Jacksonville, Giants etc...). He did not play like a Rookie until the playoffs. I watched everyone of their games, so your observations are incorrect. Not sure what happened in the playoffs... maybe he was overwhelmed or maybe Cowher became his normal predictable playoff coach and did not pass on running downs and vice versa. Either way the kid had a remarkable season and brough hope to a city that has not had a quarterback since Bradshaw.

As for Peyton... his record needs an asterisk for the simple fact that db's have to play with handcuffs now. Until he wins a big game, it will be the first big game he wins. And yes... the Indoors thing makes them a pussy football team in my book.

FYI the five yard chuck rule aint new.... and though i think montana and marino are the two best qb's until peyton's career is finished dont forget montana had rice.. and if a DB so much as touched him there was a flag... rice could make that "throw the flag" gesture and the refs would throw the flag... marino was just fantastic but he accomplished just as much as peyton has already... ie, didnt win anything except ONE AFC championship.

as for big ben... i think you cant go by his passer rating... he threw just 17 td's and had 11 picks...

but the thing is, when they threw they threw deep, correct? and yards per attempt is a main ingredient in that stupid ass rating system... therefor west coast qb's like young, montana, mcnabb, etc... have lower passer ratings...

does anyone think warner was even in the same class as steve young? i'd hope not, yet warner had that down the field offense to increase his yards per attempt...

no qb throwing 17 td's a year is above 'pretty good'... to say he sucks... i was wrong, it's not quite what i meant.. i meant compared to what people say about him he is over rated... and thats an opinion.. you being a steeler fan are biased... as i am towards philly.

Top Bottom