Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

test cyp drug test question

birdnest

In the fall I began taking 200mg of test cyp every 2 weeks as prescribed by my doctor for low T levels. Problem is I am a cyclist and races start this spring. Drug test are getting more and more common it seems at USAC races. I plan to stop injections for a few months during the season. I know from other threads here that they say test cyp is detectable for 3 months, but I wonder if that only applies to the bodybuilder guys taking 4 or 5 times what I am. The half life of test cyp is about 8 days so why do they list it as detectable for 3 months? I would think that given the half life of 8 days that after 32 days the test cyp should be about 93.75% gone from my system. I am on a very low dose of test cyp, it is really just a horomone replacement dose. The test USAC uses is the T:E ratio with a ratio of greater than 4:1 failing. Any comments on the time period I should stop injections before my first race?

You need TRT as prescribed by your MD, but you're just going to stop completely and fall back into andropause for the cycling season when you will need it most? That makes absolutely no sense. I definitely wouldn't stop your TRT. As long as your test levels are in "normal range" (even if it's high normal) then I don't see a problem. As you stated "supra-physiological levels" are what they are testing for.

Thanks for your comment. It is my understanding they look for a ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone in your urine. When you get testosterone from an outside source your testes quit making epitestosterone which is normally at a 1:1 ratio. So, even if my testosterone level is within normal range they can detect that I am getting testosterone from an outside source. I just don't want to fail a test because I am passionate about cycling. They tested at two races I did last year. Does anyone have any expertise on T:E ratio test regarding my situation?
Thanks.

Ok, I'm tracking now. I totally forgot that the testes themselves also created the epi-test. The only thing I've read on the subject regarding this in terms of passing a urinalysis is for athletes to locate exogenous epi-test and balance the ratio in their favor. It's counter productive for anyone, no less an athlete to fall back into adropause in order to compete. That said, I would talk to your endocrinologist about it and see if he would be able to provide a script that perhaps a compounding pharmacy could create for you.

If that is not an option, the only other thing that makes sense is to come off of the test and transition to Clomid/HCG which would of course maximize your own natural production. IF they also test for those compounds then it seems your SOL. If it's that important to you then you'll simply have to deal with the low T for the cycling season.

Do they test every competitor? Top 3 finishers or?

Last year they tested at two races I was at, only podium finishers. If any one has info on detection time of low dose test cyp I would like to hear about it. Thanks.

Top Bottom