Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tendonitis??

highspeed2112

Last wk I posted about some possible tendonitis I was having in my L elbow(golfers elbow) and received some great advise..ice/compress/elavate...a herbal remedy called Zyflemand which Im currently using and a few other remedies....My question is for those of u who've had this in the same area, was the elbow/tendon tender to the touch?..Where you able to lift at all? where bicep curls totally out of ??...Reason Im asking is bc im able to lift, even biceps(little discomfort but terrible horrible)..its not tender to the touch though does feel alittle better after i ice it..Just really tryin to figure out whats goin on....thanks guys

It could be tendonitis. Tendonitis is fairly common with exercise, especially when you increase your work load....common as far as inflammations go. Be careful to not overload them or over work them too much because tendons and ligaments do tear....ACL's, MCL's and cartilage in the knees are the notorious terrible triads (but they do carry a tremendous amount of daily weight and work), but the elbows can be managable if you just be cautious with your curls. If you work through this, keep us posted on how you respond and heal. Take good care of your body.

Yeah it could very well be Tendinitis. There are several stages of Tendinitis, if you have it is most likely just mild. Back in college i use to play baseball and use to get tendinitis from pitching. So i know what your feeling. I use to pitch through it, and always seemed to get through it but after the game.... damn did that shit hurt and i couldn't even bend my elbow or even get my arm to fully extend out for a few days. So before you work out make sure you use a hot compress and stretch your arm by putting your arm straight out palm facing say a wall and point your fingers to the sky and pull your fingers toward your body and also do it with fingers pointing down. Also go with the hand and palm on a wall to your side to stretch your bicep. Will make a difference and recovery will be faster. and make sure you ice up after your work out and take a anti- inflammatory. Good luck

Yep, keep working it, icing it and anti-inflamatorying it and you will have arthritis or a complete tear in no time.

Thanks guys....but its weird..I lifted chest today and it hurt abit more when I was trying to get the dumbells up for incline than during the actually movement...hurts alittle bit now but no where near what your describing Chris...guess Ill ice it and see how it goes...2morrows legs than arms on fri...guess i may just have a mild case of it

Be careful with it. I had a minor tendon pull in my left bicep a long time ago and I didn't give it enough rest and it took over a year for me to get back to 100%.

On another note, I have other bad joints (mainly my right ankle from a fracture) and bad knees from airborne ops and I used Cissius (Cissius Quadrangularis) and it is an amazing supplement. It takes a few weeks to kick in but it does wonders for the joints. I get mine in bulk from Bulknutrition but they do sell caps elsewhere.

highspeed2112 said:
Thanks guys....but its weird..I lifted chest today and it hurt abit more when I was trying to get the dumbells up for incline than during the actually movement...hurts alittle bit now but no where near what your describing Chris...guess Ill ice it and see how it goes...2morrows legs than arms on fri...guess i may just have a mild case of it

The more I hear your symptoms the more I'm thinking it's not tendonitis, but a tendon pull or partial rupture of the bicep tendon. I'm recovering from a partial tendon rupture, almost back 100% now, but it kept me down since November. I got back pretty fast though. My advice, use a gravitron machine for pullups, or do lateral pulldowns. Dont even try bodyweight for awhile. Just go lighter and more reps. Second, do not throw the db's back to get them started. If nobody is around to hand you the one on your jacked arm side, then go to the Smith Machine. For biceps, I would NOT neglect them, working them(even if its light) will help the tendon strengthen and recover faster.

Abolish..wide grip pullups i can feel it abit but if i turn my palms inward so thier facing each other (kind of like doing a pull down with the triangle) only im doing a pullup with my hands in this position it doesnt hurt nearly as bad, miniscul to say the least I can do them just fine...did 4sets of 8 yesterday and Im 253

Top Bottom