Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Tap Water

foxxie

New member
Do you boil your tap water before drinking it or do you just drink it straight up w/o boiling it?


I heard that drinking tap water is bad for you because it contains a lot of chemicals ,I believe one of it is carcinogen ( I think that's how it spelled).
 
Last edited:
I stick my head under the faucet and go for it. Chemicals aren't a big deal, just don't slip on a t-shirt and split your head open on the counter. Not that I've done that, I'm just sayin
 
By boiling water that has chemicals in it with a higher vapor point than water, you are actually increasing the concentration of those chemicals. Glad to know science is your forte.
 
redguru said:
By boiling water that has chemicals in it with a higher vapor point than water, you are actually increasing the concentration of those chemicals. Glad to know science is your forte.

She's awsome at science bro...just look at that avatar!!
 
jack_schitt said:
She's awsome at science bro...just look at that avatar!!


All chemists wear mini-skirts. I have pics from when Samoth was a Chem major and he wore one, so I guess it's true.
 
I bought a couple Brita filter replacements today. Brita's a good filter, water is great.
 
redguru said:
By boiling water that has chemicals in it with a higher vapor point than water, you are actually increasing the concentration of those chemicals. Glad to know science is your forte.



Really I guess you should tell that to CDC because according to them

Boiling is by far the most reliable method to make water of uncertain purity safe for drinking. Water should be brought to a vigorous rolling boil for 1 minute and allowed to cool to room temperature; ice should not be added. This procedure will kill bacterial and parasitic causes of diarrhea at all altitudes and viruses at low altitudes. To kill viruses at altitudes >2,000 m (6,562 ft), water should be boiled for 3 minutes or chemical disinfection should be used after the water has boiled for 1 minute. Adding a pinch of salt to each quart or pouring the water several times from one clean container to another will improve the taste.
 
hanselthecaretaker said:
I bought a couple Brita filter replacements today. Brita's a good filter, water is great.

I use a DuPont filter that works rather well. Removed the chlorine odor that is the only issue I have with my tap water.
 
redguru said:
Filters will remove odors and sediment but won't do a lot for chemicals in solution.
True, the radioactive treatment isn't helping me either....but when I get MAD...WATCH OUT!
 
Foxxie said:
Really I guess you should tell that to CDC because according to them

Boiling is by far the most reliable method to make water of uncertain purity safe for drinking. Water should be brought to a vigorous rolling boil for 1 minute and allowed to cool to room temperature; ice should not be added. This procedure will kill bacterial and parasitic causes of diarrhea at all altitudes and viruses at low altitudes. To kill viruses at altitudes >2,000 m (6,562 ft), water should be boiled for 3 minutes or chemical disinfection should be used after the water has boiled for 1 minute. Adding a pinch of salt to each quart or pouring the water several times from one clean container to another will improve the taste.

Those are organics, not chemicals. Thanks for keeping up.
 
redguru said:
Those are organics, not chemicals. Thanks for keeping up.



True To remove the chemical you have to disinfect it with iodine. But yet according to cdc is better to boil tap water than drinking it straight from the faucet.
 
I have a Pur Filter for the kitchen water and another on the shower to remove chlorine.

I drink up to two gallons of water a day in the summer, I truly cannot STAND the taste of tap water, filtered or not. I drink spring water.
 
That's how Culligan water is filtered :). A little more expensive than your standard in-line faucet filter.
 
jack_schitt said:
I stick my head under the faucet and go for it. Chemicals aren't a big deal, just don't slip on a t-shirt and split your head open on the counter. Not that I've done that, I'm just sayin
that would suck
 
If you're worried about the quality of your drinking water then just purchase distilled, it's like .69 a gallon. Most bottled water is from municipal supplies so make sure it's distilled.
 
we have drinking water delivered to the house...beats carrying it upstairs
 
JavaGuru said:
If you're worried about the quality of your drinking water then just purchase distilled, it's like .69 a gallon. Most bottled water is from municipal supplies so make sure it's distilled.


Is that you on your avatar or is that Nick Lachey[/B] ;)
 
Top Bottom