redguru said:By boiling water that has chemicals in it with a higher vapor point than water, you are actually increasing the concentration of those chemicals. Glad to know science is your forte.
jack_schitt said:She's awsome at science bro...just look at that avatar!!
EnderJE said:I use a filter.
redguru said:By boiling water that has chemicals in it with a higher vapor point than water, you are actually increasing the concentration of those chemicals. Glad to know science is your forte.
hanselthecaretaker said:I bought a couple Brita filter replacements today. Brita's a good filter, water is great.
True, the radioactive treatment isn't helping me either....but when I get MAD...WATCH OUT!redguru said:Filters will remove odors and sediment but won't do a lot for chemicals in solution.
Foxxie said:Really I guess you should tell that to CDC because according to them
Boiling is by far the most reliable method to make water of uncertain purity safe for drinking. Water should be brought to a vigorous rolling boil for 1 minute and allowed to cool to room temperature; ice should not be added. This procedure will kill bacterial and parasitic causes of diarrhea at all altitudes and viruses at low altitudes. To kill viruses at altitudes >2,000 m (6,562 ft), water should be boiled for 3 minutes or chemical disinfection should be used after the water has boiled for 1 minute. Adding a pinch of salt to each quart or pouring the water several times from one clean container to another will improve the taste.
Wootoom said:i have R/O for everything
redguru said:Those are organics, not chemicals. Thanks for keeping up.
its Reverse Osmosis dumass LOLredguru said:R/O? Is that like Canadian for the Culligan man?
that would suckjack_schitt said:I stick my head under the faucet and go for it. Chemicals aren't a big deal, just don't slip on a t-shirt and split your head open on the counter. Not that I've done that, I'm just sayin
traddum said:that would suck
JavaGuru said:If you're worried about the quality of your drinking water then just purchase distilled, it's like .69 a gallon. Most bottled water is from municipal supplies so make sure it's distilled.
This page contains mature content. By continuing, you confirm you are over 18 and agree to our TOS and User Agreement.
Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below 














