Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T3 and Shut Down Thyroid

Para_Shoot

So, after 4 years of straight T3 self supplementation, at 50mcg's a day, non-stop, my blood test today with my doc showed a shut down thyroid. No shock to me.. I told him about the T3 useage and he wanted me to stop for 6 to 8 weeks to see if my thyroid would beat again. First, do you think it will work again, and 2nd, if I try this what should I expect for the next 8 weeks without a working thyroid? Or, should I tell him i'm just going to keep on doing the T3?

Yes. Definately taper down. Everything i have ever read says to slowly go up and slowly go down when coming back off.

I will taper down, understood, but I think after all the tapering is done the thyroid is still not going to be working, right? Because it is so shut down?

any reason why you did this besides that you wanted to stay lean and all that?
Never heard anyone stay on for that long....It's a good chance your tyroid is shut for good 4 years is a loong time.
What to expect...fat gain, body temp problems normally being cold most of the time, hair loss, lethargic

Last edited:
Yes taper. But EVERYTHING i have read says that it has no long term effect on your thyroid that would be permanent. I bet when you get retested you will be just fine.

Yes taper. But EVERYTHING i have read says that it has no long term effect on your thyroid that would be permanent. I bet when you get retested you will be just fine.

one hopes that would be the case but "supplementing" something that our body makes is always a crop shoot to recover from...

When I started taking T3, it was with clen of course. It worked well. I dopped the clen and just stayed on the T3 because I liked the effect of leaness with my on-target diet, of which I am still on today from 5 years ago. Everytime I thought of wanting to come off T3, I thought about the rebound effects that may happen when your thyroid is shut down and I didn't want to go thru them so I just stayed on. It's such an easy, cheap research chem to get so cost and availability wasn't a factor. I really don't even want to try to see if my thyroid comes back. For what, just cause the doctor asked me too? People stay on thyroid meds for life, right? I just consider it part of my HRT program at age 41, along with my prescribed test cyp and my peptide regime. I was just wanting to know if anyone else went as long as me and tried to get the ol thyroid back and beating.

Top Bottom