Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

SUPER SETS...are they really...?

Corsaire

worth it??????
particularly for those 'tough to grow' parts of the body, like the calves, forearms and biceps????
and,
Do they really make sense to a hard gainer like myself, or they'd just burn out the muscle????
Please, I'll appreciate any feedback from you, experienced lifters outhere,
Thanks!
Corsaire
Boarding party ......AWAY!

i do it sometimes for traps. i might do shrugs then go straight to upright rows. It can't hurt to try it, sometimes its good to freak your body out by supersetting a bodypart

Variety is ALWAYS good. i do supersets sometimes along with changing exercises or oreder of exercises.of course don't do them every workout ,but try them for a new shocker......

Supersets in my opinion are an excellent intensity builder and are great for hardgainers and quickgainers. Theyre great for hammering a stubborn bodypart into new growth and are excellent in terms of intensity.

You can do supersets for the same bodypart- for example bb curls supersetted with cable curls, or you can do antagonist muscle groups. For example bentover rows supersetted with bench presses. Both are valuable in my opinion.
:D:D

They're kinda like decline bench; lots of people do them, but nobody could tell you why.

They have their place, but for a specific purpose; often to fix imbalances, improve endurance, or to compress a workout (such as when training a bodypart more than once a week, where an idividual lift does not merit a separate work/rest period). There are other reasons, but.... I still think the beginner or intermediate trainee does not need to incorporate supersets, especially when they don't know WHY.

The hardest thing about supersets is doing them in a crowded gym...how many times have i tried to do them and people have come and "stolen" the exercise I was rotating with.....I only recommend doing them when the gym is empty....are they good for you?--i think its good to switch it up sometimes.

WOW! I did them...!

and it hurt like a s.o.a.b.! I could barely walk this morning when I got up, my calves and hamstrings are in pain....!
I thank each and everyone for your feedback, indeed.
Corsaire
Boarding party....AWAY!

Yes they do serve a purpose to help with a lagging body part , or to just kick up your training regimen temporarily, but I would be careful as to how often or how many times you do it , for it could lead to overtraining if your using them too often.

Top Bottom