Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

substitute dinner with whey shake?

action jaxen

I'm on a winny cycle - 75ed, Working out 5 days a week really trying to lose weight, harden up. currently 6' 220pnds - alot of BF, Ill find out the number tonight. I've been eating pretty much the same thing for about 2 weeks now.

Wake up, 1 bown of cereal (low fat) with skim milk,1 bananna, and a plain bagel

protien shake

Lunch - 1 cup of pasta with red sauce, or 1 can of tomato rice soup. 1 plain bagel

protien shake

Dinner - small portion of pasta, or maybe even just cereal with skim milk

Tons of water all day, and about 30 mins cardio

Question is - What if i just dropped dinner all together? Just drank another shake (40g protien) would this be bad? or help me more with my fat loss goal?

Thanks for any replies

Personally I think you need to rework your diet from the ground up. You need lots more protein, some fats and less carbs to begin with.

Yeah, more protein. You're 220lbs dude. You should aim for an absolute minumum of 1 gram protein per pound. There are other forms of protein besides protein shakes......

Can someone say CARB OVERLOAD???? What is up with all the cereal, bread, pasta and rice on a cutting diet. You are trying to loose body fat correct???? Add some chicken breasts, tuna, lean cuts of red meat to your diet. That will dramatically increase your protein intake as will as fill you up a little more. Instead of all the grains and pasta you are eating, substitute salads, fresh veggies..you have a great variety to choose from in the summertime!!!! Don't waist this cycle by eating the wrong foods. Make the most of what you are doing by eating right!!!! I would recommend taking in 300+ grams of protein a day if not more!!!

Depending on the time of day you are doing your cardio, you may be defeating the whole purpose by eating such high carb/ high glycemic meals.

ok, I could do that , sounds logical.. 1 gram per pound, BUT .. (heres the kicker) If i drop dinner and add 2, thats right two shakes that will bring me up to almost 240 grams. and = less fat/carbs/cals etc.. Waddaya think ML?:D

It's cool (doesn't suck). I'm a vego too. What about eggs and dairy?? Egg whites (even some whole eggs), cottage cheese, etc...? Just to add variety to your diet. I really think you should keep some 'good' fats in your diet though, such as flaxseed, olive oil, avocados, peanut butter, nuts etc....Aim for 15-20% of you cals from fats. Trust me, you need fat in your diet to lose fat, and it helps keep you appetitie under control.

Personally, with you being a vegetarian, you couldn't be in any better hands than to listen to the advise of MS. She is very knowledgeable, and has the NATTY pics and fan base to back it up (GO RETRO)! I'm a food science and nutrition student (i'm a nuclear physicist too) and have meet many other Vege's, most of them are unqualified when it comes to the bodybuilding community, but MS is the best. Trust me, take advantage of her knowledge on this matter. Man, I should get some brownies for all this ass kissin'...LOL. My address is....:D

MR. BMJ

Haha MR BMJ. You sound like the founding member of my fan club. I'm a nuclear physicists too BTW ;) (J/K). Another post by MR X just reminded me that you should also consider beans (kidney, chick peas, lentils etc..) in place of pasta, bagels, cereal and skim milk. And like Mrs Guns said, eat your veggies. Also there's tofu and seitan (wheat gluten) in moderation. As a guy you might wanna go easy on the last two proteins. Maybe one serving a day of tofu OR seitan if it takes your fancy.

Top Bottom