Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stupid dad!

Yes welcome to America!! Where if you are in shape with a lil bit of muscle you are considered a freak, and get countless stares and whispers! The Dad should sit down and talk to this girl and see what is in HER heart and see what SHE WANTS to do.....She is growing up and she will soon be on her own, he should be supportive and openminded........People who assume those types of things are not educated and have some insecurities and issues of their own, he is making excuses for her not to lift and do the powerlifting, to say a teacher is going to give a 16 yr old steriods?? Cmon......be reasonable. Its sad if she has potential, having your dad burn the candle of your dream is not a good thing!!

lg

i know this sucks.... but my honest advice would be to leave it alone for the time being... let the girl work things out with her father... as her teacher, there are legal lines that you probably shouldn't cross and you don't want to upset a parent (even the ignorant ones)... even if there was no law/rule broken, the goof feels he doesn't want you around his daughter, unfortunately she's a minor and he has the right to make that call... i know, i said it sucks...

people are saying talk to the dad, talk to the dad... honey, the dad has his mind made up and he ain't going to listen to you!! You should talk to the girl and tell her to do what she can without you until she's 1) not your student anymore, and 2) no longer a minor... OR 3) her father comes out of the stone ages...

maybe you can recommend someone else to train her if she's determined to go against her dad's will, which teenagers often are... if the girl's mind is as strong as the rest of her, she'll find a way to do what she wants to do regardless...

sorry to put a negative view on things, but reality is that people are suing for a lot less than this...

and for the record, i am a computer geek and i lift heavy weights... 5-6 times a week... it is the truly intelligent who have enough sense to take care of their bodies and their minds and not let either one deteriorate

stay strong
phem

She won't be my student anymore in less than a week. After that, I'll be free to talk to the dad, I won't be her teacher anymore...

Thank you very much to all of you for your support
LG:)

For every dad like that one there is a father like the one of a friend of mine. He is very supportive about her lifting even though she was only 14 when she started. He isn't even worried about the possiblity of her useing steroids because she knows what they will do to her and she flatout refuses to use at this time. In fact he sometimes has to prompt her to train! Granted her mother is a former bodybuilder but the girl really likes lifting.

Top Bottom