Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stretching questions

LOL. I know it man. Seriously though the shit works. Hey at least I didn't say Pilates!

So been reading about stretching and flexibility, and I keep reading different things. Keep in mind that I am probably more unflexible than others, cant touch my toes without pain.

1) Is 20 seconds long enough to hold each stretch?

2) Ive read that each stretch should be done in 2-3 sets, is that necessary?

3) Is it OK to stretch 2-3x a day? Of course after a warm up (jog)

1. I'd call that an absolute minimum for a half-assed static stretch. 60 seconds ftw!

2. not necessary...well unless you're only holding a stretch for 20 seconds I guess.

3. Absolutely brother!

1. I'd call that an absolute minimum for a half-assed static stretch. 60 seconds ftw!

2. not necessary...well unless you're only holding a stretch for 20 seconds I guess.

3. Absolutely brother!

Thanks bro, I think thats where the sets come in, is if the stretches are shorter. I will just do 1 min stretches, that means it will take 30 min but fuck it its a weak point of mine I should be able to put 1hr a day to stretching lol

An hour aint bad. It's stretching you can do it anywhere. I do some in the morning. I do some while I'm sitting at work! I do some at night or PWO. It all adds up and helps. Good luck.

An hour aint bad. It's stretching you can do it anywhere. I do some in the morning. I do some while I'm sitting at work! I do some at night or PWO. It all adds up and helps. Good luck.

Thanks man, wish me luck on getting that girlin ur avi as well???:)

If you really suck at it, i would suggest you do like a circuit, choose a whole bunch of stretches do them all in a row holding for a minute, then repeat the entire circuit @ least once, specially on winter time. One more thing about them, whe you stretch a muscle the antagonist muscle must be be relaxed or else that excessive and unnecessary stress, say you wanna strech the hammstring... your quads and knees must be relaxed, that's much safer and productive.

If you really suck at it, i would suggest you do like a circuit, choose a whole bunch of stretches do them all in a row holding for a minute, then repeat the entire circuit @ least once, specially on winter time. One more thing about them, whe you stretch a muscle the antagonist muscle must be be relaxed or else that excessive and unnecessary stress, say you wanna strech the hammstring... your quads and knees must be relaxed, that's much safer and productive.

good idea, i notice sometimes my quads flex and then i relax them when im stretching my hammies. I dont really suck, i can grab my toes but it is the farthest i can go before pain,

my 2 cents.

When I see people that are failing at improving their flexibility. It's usually because they aren't stretching intense enough. A stretch needs to be on the edge of painful for it to be effective.

Just like any other aspect of fitness, progression is the key. If your not improving, then you are doing something wrong.

I like stretching right after a hot shower when the muscles are warm.

It's hard to stretch too much, do it as often as you want.

I like stretches where you use your antagonist muscles to aid the stretch. For example, the bent over, touch your toes hamstring stretch. Start by bending your knees, holding on to your toes, then flex your quads to straighten out your legs. Using the force of your quad to control the intensity of the stretch.

Top Bottom