Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strengths & Weaknesses Check - post up!

KillahBee

I think we can all agree that each of us needs to stop every now and then and take stock of where we are in terms of progress and what our strengths and weaknesses are. Post em up here if you like and post up what you are doing about it.

Strengths:

Back is getting really strong - I think I am putting up good DL numbers (relatively speaking)
I also think my squat numbers are getting good, but need to be better.

Weaknesses:
In terms of strength - pressing movements are weak (bench, OHP, DB press).
In terms of "look" (not my primary concern but still relevant): chest is pathetic, arms need work (bis and tris).
Need overall mass gains.

What I am doing: working on a 5x5 and progressing well. starting to hit flat bench as well as incline DB bench more and more. paying more attention to triceps and practicing good form to really isolate the bis and tris.

Post em up boys and girls!

hey good idea for a thread....

weaknesses:
i'd say in terms of looks; the legs (one reason is because of all the hair on my legs though lol)
in terms of strength, roughly the same as you killah; pressing, benching (although my military press has improved though...)

strengths;
in terms of looks; arms, lats
in terms of strength; legs (over 2x bodyweight squat now for 5x5 with no signs of slowing down :D), bi's (but that's just relative to the people i see in MY gym, obviously i don't even hold a candle to the big dudes here)

strengths:
chest: flat and incline: either barbell or dbs
tris: great close-grip, weighted dips, overhead press numbers
shoulders: nicely well rounded, rears and sides are doing great.

weaknesses:
legs: wont go past 315 for 10 (yes, bench is higher)
back: progressing nicely over the past year
lats: not as wide as they should be for my frame.
lower back (lumbar): not doing deads often enough (predominately do str8 leg
deads)
bis: just the rotation at the top of standing or seated curls and NO peak, just thick

what im doing:
tons of rows
UNFORTUNATELY, more deads
bis twice a week (hit a 1 or 2 extra sets after back).

weaknesses: strength-wise, definitely pushing movements, so far the heaviest ive ever gone on dumbell benches is 100lb dumbells for maybe 5 reps, and its no coincidence im sure that chest is also one of my weaknesses size-wise, although i can go heavy with dips for a few reps and can seemingly do them forever at my bodyweight.

strengths- deadlifts and squats- not only can i go heavy for both (and being 6'2" and all legs doesnt help) but i can rep out forever on both without tiring. my back and quads are both good size, as well as biceps (though its more shape than size)

however, size is not my primary concern, pound for pound strength and cuts is

strengths: shoulder strength, shoulder development, most pulling strength (w/ the exception of deads), arm development, trap develeopment, wide back but v-taper would be more dramatic if not for love handles.

weaknesses: chest pressing (loss of strength while dieting), lower pec development, leg development, curling strength, abs, bf%, deads have been stuck at 365 from floor and 455 from rack for like 6 months.

zxe003 said:
strengths: shoulder strength, shoulder development, most pulling strength (w/ the exception of deads), arm development, trap develeopment, wide back but v-taper would be more dramatic if not for love handles.

weaknesses: chest pressing (loss of strength while dieting), lower pec development, leg development, curling strength, abs, bf%, deads have been stuck at 365 from floor and 455 from rack for like 6 months.
where do you get stuck? i would add block pulls work in sets of 5...

this is a good thread by the way killah..i think i have good core strength squats/deads i think my bench lacks ( i do inclines)..
weakness: grip strength i tend to use straps for a lot of my back moves..im just built bigger in the waist so im forced to grow a barn door back lol..other areas i perceive to be weak are lower back and hamstrings but then again i dont think i will ever get these up to where i want them to be..most area laways unhappy about their bench numbers for me its te deadlift..i wont be satisfied ever!!

strengths Looks...arms and shoulders and calves
weakness looks...chest and quads

lifting strengths...arms...back...calves
lifting weaknesses..quads, CHEST...shoulder press

Great post!!

Strengths:

Curling strength,bicep peak, deadlifts and beast lifts (before injuries), shoulder size/strength, Chest strength (though chest has been fuller before IMO), incline bench, flat bench, back strength/size, dumbell rows, t-bar rows, Trap strength and size, fast metabolism (strength and weakness), Leg press specific strength, grip has become more of a strength also, chin-ups, All in no particular order.

Weaknesses: Horrible appetite (one large meal is MORE then enough, thats where force feeding comes in) Fast metabolism, Fucked up digestive system (IBS, bad nerves,spitting up acid) Recent back injuries, Shoulder pain that can interfere, Forearm size (grip is good, hard to gauge on other forearm exercises), Tricep size/strength, Calves size/strength, Rear delts size (Strength seems to be good, I can rack the reverse fly machine for reps... 300x12+ reps...strange) Leg size, squats, small/medium frame, Close-grip benching.

Im sure I could find more on both sides, but these would be the main things that come to mind.

Strengths - I can incline 225 for 10-12
Weaknesses - My max flat bench in 225

F-ING SHOULDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom