Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Street Bikes

For a 2013, low could be very low, like less than 1000. Mine has 638 on it. Typically though, anything under 2k miles on a 2013 is "low" miles. You can find bikes that are 5 years old with 1500 miles on them too.

Anything under 2k miles is more than good enough.

Don't worry about people saying you will eventually crash your bike being a beginner. That's not necessarily true. In all the years doing quads, dirt bikes, racing cars and streetbikes, and more recently actually driving in traffic, I have only ever crashed on a 4 wheeler at the dunes, that wasn't even a "crash" I over ended at a dune apex and tossed the quad only going like 5mph.

If you are a cautious rider and have good skills with motor vehicles, you might ride 50 years without wrecking.

I see guys wrecking trying to show off and stupid crap like that, not driving normally.

Again, once you get comfortable with all the basic maneuvering and feel good taking turns at decent speeds, go to a track and learn what the bike can really do. You'll find that, if you're a cautious smart driver, the bike will handle as far as you dare push it. I've scraped my knee caps on the street before not wearing sliders, and the bike won't fall over even banking a turn at that hard of an angle.

Also, buy a quality helmet, gloves and jacket bare minimum. If you didn't spend around $500 for a helmet, it's not good enough. You can get a decent jacket for $300. I'd suggest you buy leather. Mine is a full race jacket with protectors in all the key areas. It costs $600. Gloves were $200, boots were $300.

Sounds like a lot of money, but trust me, sliding on asphalt at 50mph can kill you without gear if not severely tear up your skin to the point you are in the hospital for 6 months getting skin grafts. With gear you will walk away with bruises and maybe a broken bone as long as it's a slide.

Don't let that scare you, I'm just telling you what happens often enough that it's better safe than sorry. I'd rather die than be in a hospital for 6 months and then suffer in pain the rest of my life. Just wear all your safety gear all of the time.

thank you for the help, ya i'm not too worried about causing myself to get in an accident, my parents taught me pretty good on that subject, but here's my steps..

1. save money
2. take safety course
3. but ninja 300
4. gear (non cheap)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EliteFitness

5. Get a mani/pedi and spray tan at the women's day spa and a massage from the big Brazillian guy named Marco. You should get a free pass when you buy a 300cc bike

I've been riding since I was 13 (dirt at first; street since I was 18 or 19) ... I've always liked sport bikes for street, even though they're not as comfortable for long rides IMHO. Now I have a 2009 Yamaha R1, which is absolutely the best performer I've ever ridden. I also have a classic 1985 Honda VF1000R, which is arguably the bike that started the whole "Crotch Rocket" culture. But despite the fact that it was a world-class winner in the 80s, it feels like riding a fishing boat now, as compared to the R1. I've never ridden a GSXR or any of the newer Honda sport bikes, so I can't comment on those. I liked the looks of the GSXRs in the 80s and 90s, but they were still air-cooled at that time, and I ride in stop & go traffic too much to worry about the bike overheating at a red light. I don't know, but I'd assume they're all water-cooled now.

Charles

who gives a shit what you ride as long as you ride bro....riding a bike is fun as hell and you do it for yourself not for anyone else...and you climb the stairs one step at a time, no one is born riding an 1800 cc bike

I started off on a 650 then went to a 1300 that i have now. Love the damn thing

Top Bottom