Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

still confused after 2 years

EDPlvr

Is hitting everything twice a week overtraining? Right now i train 5x a week. I hit everything twice(except legs). All my workouts are 4 sets/10,8,6,12 on the reps. I'm pretty ripped and I'm going strictly for size right now.

Mon/thurs= Flat bnch
Incline bnch
smith military prss
DB Lateral raises
Tricep push dwns
close grip bench prss
Weighted dips

Tues/Fri= Wide Grip Pulldowns
Seated cable rows
wide grip pull ups
rear delt raises
Preacher curls
21's
shrugs

Wed= Quad extensions
legpresses
Hamstring curls
standing calf raises
15 min step mill
* I can't do squats! (pathetic, I know)

Should I be getting more rest? Should i change my workout completley?
Lemme know. TIA

EDPlvr said:
Is hitting everything twice a week overtraining? Right now i train 5x a week. I hit everything twice(except legs). All my workouts are 4 sets/10,8,6,12 on the reps. I'm pretty ripped and I'm going strictly for size right now.

Mon/thurs= Flat bnch
Incline bnch
smith military prss
DB Lateral raises
Tricep push dwns
close grip bench prss
Weighted dips

Tues/Fri= Wide Grip Pulldowns
Seated cable rows
wide grip pull ups
rear delt raises
Preacher curls
21's
shrugs

Wed= Quad extensions
legpresses
Hamstring curls
standing calf raises
15 min step mill
* I can't do squats! (pathetic, I know)

Should I be getting more rest? Should i change my workout completley?
Lemme know. TIA

what?!? there is no such thing as not being able to do squats (well, if you were parapalegic, i guess you couldn't do them!) you should start doing them. doesn't matter how much weight, every one starts somewhere. why do you say that you can't do them?

the only thing that i could see as a potential problem is that you are hitting your shoulders 4 times a week (mon/thur military press and side raises, tue/fri rear delts.) not to mention shoulders play a roll in a lot of other upper body exercises (and pressing movement for example) but if this works for you, it works for you....

Illuminati said:
what?!? there is no such thing as not being able to do squats (well, if you were parapalegic, i guess you couldn't do them!) you should start doing them. doesn't matter how much weight, every one starts somewhere. why do you say that you can't do them?

the only thing that i could see as a potential problem is that you are hitting your shoulders 4 times a week (mon/thur military press and side raises, tue/fri rear delts.) not to mention shoulders play a roll in a lot of other upper body exercises (and pressing movement for example) but if this works for you, it works for you....

i agree, start with bw reps, get the form down, start with a smith if u have to. use that gay ass frank zane quad thing. w/e u have to do.

what oak and illuminati said - and if you're going to do each session 2x a week you might want ot change the loading parameters on your days:
eg:
1st workout = 8 sets of 3 reps (go heavy)
2nd workout = 3 sets 8 reps (or whatever)

Something similiar might help avoid overtraining.

Oh, and dont skip leg training...
:)

Routine looks okay. If you're doing 2x/week try to adjust the volume so that you avoid burnout and can make strength gains. I wouldn't deliberately pyramid the reps either, just drop them as you get tired and avoid failure.

TheOak84 said:
i agree, start with bw reps, get the form down, start with a smith if u have to. use that gay ass frank zane quad thing. w/e u have to do.
smith will not teach proper form..it puts your back in an unnatural squatting postion..but your other points are good start light just the bar is fine..you learn how to squat by doing it (box squats are the best)..saying im not strong enough yet is an excuse..

i would stick with it. and yes definetly add deadlifts.

You also need more hamstring work - leg curls (on a machine I assume?) are not enough. You want some compound exercise, like Good Mornings, SLDL, Romanian Deadlifts, regular Deadlifts, etc.

Backlash said:
You also need more hamstring work - leg curls (on a machine I assume?) are not enough. You want some compound exercise, like Good Mornings, SLDL, Romanian Deadlifts, regular Deadlifts, etc.

I agree with backlash. I also agree that you should start doing squats, even if you can only do bw squats just to get use to the feel of it.

Top Bottom