Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Still cant figure if Dextrose PW is right for me

No offense but, you're not an advanced athlete performing at a high intensity level for multiple hours on end. You are not depleting glycogen levels enough to worry about specialized shakes and what not. The supplement companies have brainwashed you.

The only time I would even worry about a pwo shake is if you do not have time to chew a meal after you workout.

I slammed specialized pwo shakes for years. One day I gave them up and I notice absolutely no difference in recovery verses going home and eating lean protein and starchy carbs.

you're right. .. i take nothing at all.. just very little creatine on workout days.. thats it. no difference at all between me downing whey shakes all day and not. when i was powerlifting in HS no one took nothing either. we drank water out of the fountain.. thats it. if whey powders were the answer our coach (whom was extremely competitive and serious) would of bought us buckets of whey to mix in with water.

Why is it that some people use 70 or 100g of that stuff straight after workout?

Would not the whole glycogen replenishment and insulin spike issue come into question if i stay away from high GI carbs PW? Or do you think thats not applicable to my situation?

Thanks

SL sort of answered it for me, but yeah - you dont need it. Dont worry about insulin spikes, etc. Unless youre getting ready to compete and need to go from 6% bodyfat down to 5.5% that kind of stuff shouldnt concern you.

Lift heavy weights 3-4 days a week and eat good, whole foods. Whoever tells you otherwise is simply trying to sell you something.

I felt 6 days a week was to proper to work each myself group twice a week:

M : back and bi
T: chest, tri, and shoulders
W: legs
and repeat

How would you guys suggest organizing a WL routine of 3-4 sessions a week. Is there an ideal amount of times you should exercise a muscle group a week?

I felt 6 days a week was to proper to work each myself group twice a week:

M : back and bi
T: chest, tri, and shoulders
W: legs
and repeat

How would you guys suggest organizing a WL routine of 3-4 sessions a week. Is there an ideal amount of times you should exercise a muscle group a week?

Squats + 3 more exercises

Bench + 3 more exercises

Deadlifts + weighted chins + 2 more exercises

3 sets each.

Thats all you need.

Top Bottom