Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Still cant figure if Dextrose PW is right for me

Entrop

Im 26m, 204lbs, 6ft

6 times a week i do about 40min weightlifting followed by 20min cardio (HIIT 3x and moderate 2x).

Im looking to lose about 10lbs, so my main goal is fat loss, and hopefully still build muscle.

PW I drink a shake of 25g dextrose with 35g whey. Then i have meal about an hour later with approx 40g carbs 20g protein

My question regards this immediate PW shake: should be taking more dextrose? Should I even be taking Dextrose?

Ive spent a lot of time researching these posts but I would appreciate some help cause it seems like i find conflicting info and it troubles me.

Also it seems I average about 2200 kcal a day in food. Am I not eating enough? When i eat more i get crazy obsessive and feel like I messed up.

Thanks for reading

Also if anyone sees room for improvement or errors in my exercise routine, i would appreciate some advice.

Ive actually spent hours over the past couple monts on these boards, but never wrote anything, as I only have questions and no opinions to contribute. Hopefully that will change in time.

Lifting 6 times a week is overkill. 95% of all folks dont need to lift more than 3 times per week. Make sure your focus is on the core exercises (deads, squat, bench, chins).

Get rid of the dextrose and try sticking to real food.

Also, believe it or not but youre doing too much cardio.

Try lifting 3 days a week and doing some low intensity cardio (eg a 45 minute walk) twice a week.

Between that and getting rid of the dextrose you'll probably notice a good change within a week or two. Make sure your diet is higher carb (eg oats, sweet potatoes) on workout days and lower carbs (stick with veggies) on non-workout days. Other than that make sure youre getting 1g/lb of protein. Thats all you need to worry about.

Ive read a few posts that include dextrose in the PWS shake, and I still feel uncomfortable about it. Do you mind explaining why dextrose would not be suitable for a person like me? I bought a couple pounds of it recently but dont mind not using it if it's counter productive.

It's just added sugar that you dont need. Same reason I dont eat Oreos pwo...because there are much better things you can be eating that will give you the same if not better results.

Eat some oats or quinoa pwo along with some chicken or fish and youll be a happy camper.

Why is it that some people use 70 or 100g of that stuff straight after workout?

Would not the whole glycogen replenishment and insulin spike issue come into question if i stay away from high GI carbs PW? Or do you think thats not applicable to my situation?

Thanks

No offense but, you're not an advanced athlete performing at a high intensity level for multiple hours on end. You are not depleting glycogen levels enough to worry about specialized shakes and what not. The supplement companies have brainwashed you.

The only time I would even worry about a pwo shake is if you do not have time to chew a meal after you workout.

I slammed specialized pwo shakes for years. One day I gave them up and I notice absolutely no difference in recovery verses going home and eating lean protein and starchy carbs.

If you're worried about recovery consume bcaas pre/during your workout. Then go home and eat a solid meal. Make this the biggest most important meal of the day.

Also 75th is right. Any more than four days a week of strength training and conditioning is bordering on OCD and is a serious waste of time. If you have so much time to train take up a sport. It will be more rewarding than toiling away in a gym or on a treadmill.

Top Bottom