Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sterile or non sterile filter

Seattleborn206

By mistake I ordered a non sterile syringe filter to make some BAC, problem is the non sterile filter comes tomorrow but I need to water soon. By using a non sterile filter is it gonna cause infection?

Well is the filter autoclavable?
Can you run a sterilizing liquid through it first?

I have used them w no problems. I have also used coffee filters to filter GS oil to use as a cutter w some painfull prop. Water is more prone to bacteria, I would say filter some ba or reg alcohal then run your water through there. Then add some ba to your water.

I read in some wise book that paper filters aren't suitable to filtration injectable solutions. During filtration little fabric pieces are detaching from the filter which can contaminate filtered solution.

Last edited:
I read in some wise book that paper filters aren't suitable to filtration injectable solutions. During filtration little fabric pieces are detaching from the filter which can contaminate filtered solution.

Are paper filters non sterile?

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

Oh I have used a coffee filter before when in a bind.

Yes I had some painfull prop I needed to dilute. So I used the coffee filter to sterolize some grape seed oil.
No PIP.
No infection, I got lucky.

Man you really were lucky....I don't know if we should even post a story like that some newbie might get brave and find themselves with a hell of a case of cellulitis

Top Bottom