Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squatting with or without pad

powerhouse972

Does it make a difference? Some people say it makes your traps bigger, but i always thought it was just a pain tolerance thing for football.

powerhouse972 said:
Does it make a difference? Some people say it makes your traps bigger, but i always thought it was just a pain tolerance thing for football.

I've always hated the barpad! Even at over 525#, it just gets in the way. And NO, that's not inflated BS #'s! If you have well developed traps there should be enough padding there that you shouldn't need the "pussypad". Of course I'll probably get flamed by those who feel they have to use the pad but I'm not trying to start any shit, that's just my opinion.

I've never heard anything about it making your traps bigger. That wouldn't even really make sense. The only way to make your traps bigger is to work them directly.

I prefer to squat without because it is how you lift in meets. Not sure if your traps get bigger with or without. Probably a comfort thing.

the pad sits the bar too high on your traps, which shifts the centre of gravity forward, so you tilt forward at the bottom, that is if you squat deep enough to call it a squat. There is a groove at the bottom of the traps where the bar fits perfectly.
It wont make any difference on your traps, but the pad isnt nececcary, i squat 455-465lbs for reps, and dont even feel it

Bro, do not be a pussy! Come on man, f the pad! You can go without it. The pad makes everything out of wack as needsize says.

I suppose you are afraid of needles, :p

just kidding but f the pad!

stryker1992 said:
Bro, do not be a pussy! Come on man, f the pad! You can go without it. The pad makes everything out of wack as needsize says.

I suppose you are afraid of needles, :p

just kidding but f the pad!

I sure am glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!!! I'm sick of hearing all these weak ass personal trainers at the gym telling their clients, (whiny voice)"...you need to use a bar pad so you don't damage your neck..."!

I use the pad on the smith machine hahaha
I tried it and couldn't get used to it. Just straight bar for me.

I agree, no pad. For one i also concur ( word of the day i hope it is spelled right!) with the fact that it messes with your center of gravity, throwing off your balance. I think it just feels more solid with it resting on your traps. Anyways i guess i just restated what everyone else said! ;)

No pad!, like needsize said the bar doesn't sit right with the pad on. The bar doesn't bother me and I'm getting 450 for reps. Fuck the pad!

Top Bottom