Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats. High reps or low reps? I have a dilemma.

SSAlexSS said:

Just lift and get left in the dust, like other people?

There is always a better way to lift. That is what I am asking.

u don't have to get so technical w/ this shit. quit worrying about fast twitch and slow twitch, just bust ur ass in the gym, and it'll pay off.

Tuna Guy said:
if you want to get bigger you eat and lift more than you did the previous week, its that easy.

Yeh. But you can't be increasing your strength ALL the time without doing something RIGHT!

Alex has the right idea......

But he's still a dumbass.

Just lift, and leave the science to those of us that can use it.

Power

You want to cover all your bases while squatting. Do this: 4 sets, target reps = 12,9,6,15. If you hit your target reps for that set, increase the weight for that set the next workout.

Don't get too anal about this or that (unless that's what makes you tick) and just try stuff. Push for progression no matter how many reps your doing.

For Legs there is this mega volume method calling for training quads 3 times a week with sets of 60(!) reps

do this for one month than return to alternating each workout with 20 reps and 12-8 reps for 2 months

After that you have another mega shock month to pick the fruits of hard work

TOm Platz used to periodize with mega reps too, but you need to train legs 3 times a week if u do that

Cackerot69 said:
My opinion is that you are a fucking dumbass, personally.

LOL!

"But I suspect that my quads are fast twitch (strong but small endurance), which means that they should be worked at low reps."

What the fuck? Haha :FRlol: Hes SUSPECTING? Haha How do you suspect what type of muscle fibers you have?

"My hamstroings are more endurant (last time I checked, it might have changed), but my quads are not."

Last time he checked? HAHA! :FRlol: How often do you think your muscle fibers are changing? Your muscle fibers dont jump back and forth between fast and slow.
:FRlol::FRlol::FRlol:

Top Bottom