Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat Speed Question

Sebass67

WE have been doing lots of reps in our team workouts thus far...we are finally down to 6 reps...but i find that my bar speed...at least this morning was WAY slower...i may have overtrained my legs this time...squatting/front squatting 2 times a week. Is this a function of doing heavy heavy reps?

Last monday felt explosive as hell..hit 475 for 4.5...this week....455 for a triple...coulda done more but heck i didn;t like my speed...way too slow...

Anyone have any suggestions? BTW, i can't really tamper with the program all that much...so is an extra speed workout going to benefit me?

could be your CNS is slightly fried, if that is the case yeah speed will go down, happens to me.

extra speed workouts will make it worse if you CNS is already drained.

But doing heavy weights all the time will make you slower that is true. But if you doing olys that shouldn't be a problem, but some speed squats wouldn't be a bad idea. Just use your warmup squats sets as speed, as you work up.

Last edited:
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh well i'll just go and do some real lightning fast cleans...plyos....and maybe some band work....

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply though.

Top Bottom