Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat help

I'll go out on a whim and say flexibility? I have had trouble recently and my hips were pretty tight. I stretched them out..
But also asked someone who used to be a high class power lifter.. And he said split legs a little bit wider, turn out toes ever so slightly. And before you pick up the bar. For a few mins... Get a towel,' ring it out', hold one end in each hand...
Hold above your head and stretch behind you, then hold, relax, grab further in, repeat, etc until your back /shoulders loosen up.
Bad explaination, but yeah.. What it does is it helps leaning forward with a bar... As if you can't have your hands comfortably behind you... With a bar, you'll always crane your head forward and throw out your posture.
I did this and was able to keep back straight and hold bar properly straight away.. Might not be your exact problem. But give it a try once :)

I'll go out on a whim and say flexibility? I have had trouble recently and my hips were pretty tight. I stretched them out..
But also asked someone who used to be a high class power lifter.. And he said split legs a little bit wider, turn out toes ever so slightly. And before you pick up the bar. For a few mins... Get a towel,' ring it out', hold one end in each hand...
Hold above your head and stretch behind you, then hold, relax, grab further in, repeat, etc until your back /shoulders loosen up.
Bad explaination, but yeah.. What it does is it helps leaning forward with a bar... As if you can't have your hands comfortably behind you... With a bar, you'll always crane your head forward and throw out your posture.
I did this and was able to keep back straight and hold bar properly straight away.. Might not be your exact problem. But give it a try once :)

Thank you for the feedback! Flexibility is definitely seeming to be an issue and was even pre-injury. I will try this too and see what happens. :)

Your hips are tight. Do some hip mobility and foam roll. Foam rolling is so beneficial and primes your cns (central nervous system) for your workout. Chances r u.have lots of.scar tissue built up in ur glutes which prevents the hips from moving efficiently.

Sent from my PG86100 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom