Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So you want to build muscle & loose fat-Then read this

Putting it All Together. Eat proteins, veggies, fruits & fats every 3 hours. 2 cups water with each meal. Carbs post workout only. Junk food 10% of the time. Get stronger in the meanwhile and you’ll build muscle

This part is effectively useless for bodybuilders. The statement of "Carbs post workout only" is misleading. What does the original author think veggies and fruits consist of? Fruits every three hours is nothing more than a simple sugar insulin spike.

and???? You can't tell me theres no advantage in this? the servings are small,the spike gives you energy and raises your metabolism.

Radar is right on abut the distinction between whole leaf green tea and ctc (crush tear curl) that is used in bags. Also, white tea is very tasty and has very similar nutritional benefits. One reason a lot of people dislike green tea is that they infuse it with water that is too hot. use water between 170-180 degrees for green and abut 195 for white. You won't regret it.

One minor point of dissension though. Don't buy from teavana. Rishi Tea and Teas Etc are far superior (no i don't work for either of these companies) and have both won several WTC awards for their direct trade teas.

Dragonwell, gyokuro, kukicha, and bi lo chun are some of my favorite green tea varietals.

Silver needle or a white peony (bai mu dan) for white.

Radar, how much carbs do you recommend? I know about the post workout carbs (love my banannas and oatmeal with a shake) but you still need carbs during the day to help build up calories. I reworked my diet and went through exactly what I was consuming and found I was WAY under even my BMR amount. The only thing I was getting alot of was protein. Now I'm trying to up the cals and the only way I can do that really is to up the carbs. Given, I'm upping the healthy carbs by doubling the oats, brown rice and ezeikel/wheat bread that I was taking but that seems the only way to get the added cals without adding to much more fat. I'm not trying to do a keto right now so I'm trying to get a 40/40/20 to 40/30/30 split and avoiding the carbs at night. Is this a sensible way to do it. I'm taking the N2slin to help the carb digetstion and control the bloat as well. Thanks.

Radar, how much carbs do you recommend? I know about the post workout carbs (love my banannas and oatmeal with a shake) but you still need carbs during the day to help build up calories. I reworked my diet and went through exactly what I was consuming and found I was WAY under even my BMR amount. The only thing I was getting alot of was protein. Now I'm trying to up the cals and the only way I can do that really is to up the carbs. Given, I'm upping the healthy carbs by doubling the oats, brown rice and ezeikel/wheat bread that I was taking but that seems the only way to get the added cals without adding to much more fat. I'm not trying to do a keto right now so I'm trying to get a 40/40/20 to 40/30/30 split and avoiding the carbs at night. Is this a sensible way to do it. I'm taking the N2slin to help the carb digetstion and control the bloat as well. Thanks.

This is the tricky part,it depends upon your BMR,Technically, there is no magic number of calories we should all eat each day to lose weight. While most people can lose weight eating around 1,500 calories, you can assess your own personal caloric needs with a little math.(you can also use this to gain weight also):qt:

Why Estimate Your Caloric Needs?
To estimate how many calories you should consume in order to maintain your weight, you'll need to do a little math. By using a simple formula called the Harris-Benedict principle, you can assess your basic metabolic rate -- also known as your BMR.
(Then, to lose weight, you'll need to cut calories or burn extra calories and shoot for a level lower than the results you get with this formula.)

Calculate Your BMR
Your BMR is the amount of energy your body needs to function. We use about 60% of the calories we consume each day for basic bodily functions such as breathing.
Other factors that influence your BMR are height, weight, age and sex.

Step one is to calculate your BMR with the following formula:

Women:
655 + (4.3 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

Men:
66 + (6.3 x weight in pounds) + (12.9 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

Please note that this formula applies only to adults.

Calculate Activity
Step two: In order to incorporate activity into your daily caloric needs, do the following calculation:

If you are sedentary : BMR x 20 percent

If you are lightly active: BMR x 30 percent

If you are moderately active (You exercise most days a week.): BMR x 40 percent

If you are very active (You exercise intensely on a daily basis or for prolonged periods.): BMR x 50 percent

If you are extra active (You do hard labor or are in athletic training.): BMR x 60 percent

Add this number to your BMR.

The result of this formula will be the number of calories you can eat every day and maintain your current weight. In order to lose weight, you'll need to take in fewer calories than this result.anddo the opposite in order to gain.

As you lose weight or Gain Weight, you can re-calculate the formula to assess your new BMR.

RADAR

Last edited:
one of the best ways to increase quality calories is to grab a hand full of nuts at least twice a day,nuts are calorie dense (250) calories per handfull and provide micro nutrients such as Omega 3 fatty acids.

Top Bottom