Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So who's up for a mileage tax? Seems fair to me...

yeah...I dont care...one way or another I know theyre squeezing money out of the backs of the population...and we're middle class so extra fucked
theres no way around it no matter whos runnin the show

dems squeeze me on taxes...the repubs slash our vet bennies

fuck it

But so does income tax. They should do a better job of matching taxes with usage.

income tax pays for national security, and i think it does a good job of making people pay their fair share of that.

charging someone just for mobility doesn't make much sense to me unless it's for the roads they are specifically trying to build

income tax pays for national security, and i think it does a good job of making people pay their fair share of that.

charging someone just for mobility doesn't make much sense to me unless it's for the roads they are specifically trying to build

So roads and bridges don't need to be maintained?

this would crush the poo' fux that i work with who after to drive to remote locales daily to get to work.
untill gov spending is in check i will never ever ever be in favor of more taxing...the dirty cvnts use police/fire/teacher cuts as threats if we don't approve their newest taxes

i'm up for the 52% of Americans that pay no tax at all paying their fair share..

hows that??

consumption tax is never successful, especially when it taxes those that actually work..

Yeah - that is the point, highway funds come from taxes at the pump. As transportation moves from the pump (electric and natural gas) they collect less and less taxes as highway demand stays the same or increases.

Since people will be filling up at home for these new fuels, there is no real tax point. The solution is to drop the current use tax (gasoline tax) and add a mileage tax. Govt won't do that as they want gasoline taxes high to promote fuel switching so here comes a double tax if you don't switch to new fuels.

i guess my point(s) is...

1) they're gonna get the money from us anyway,

2) if they are gonna use a "transporation-based" system to measure how much we're gonna pay, then add it at the pump, where it's clearly stated, in plain view, for everyone to see,

3) that way people can look at the gas station sign and decide "is this trip really necessary?" and those that decide "no" will be using less gas thereby reducing foreign oil dependence and greenhouse gas emmissions and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL

4) the fuel tax regime is already in place and will not disappear with the installation of a "mileage tax"...all the mileage tax would actually do is create a bunch of worthless goverment jobs for the office(s) that are created to administer the new tax...more government is bad, m'kay??

i guess my point(s) is...

1) they're gonna get the money from us anyway,

4) the fuel tax regime is already in place and will not disappear with the installation of a "mileage tax"...all the mileage tax would actually do is create a bunch of worthless goverment jobs for the office(s) that are created to administer the new tax...more government is bad, m'kay??

1& 4 are for damn sure

Top Bottom