Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Smolov Squat Routine

lweaver

Looking to start this to get my squat up. Just seeing if anyone here has tried it, and if so how did you incorporate your other lifts into the cycle?

I feel like deadlifting heavy during the cycle would impede my gains all together, but I'm thinking not benching or overhead pressing would be detrimental.

made it through the entire program once, i think only missing one single rep... did the first meso-cycle on two other occations...
you are correct... deadlifts need to be put on hold... also, if you plan on doing this without juice it will most likely overtrain you...

i tried it with deads, and actually did them through the first 3 weeks phase... though i gained zero strength when i tested my max after that... luckily i didnt lose any...
i did actually bring my bench up fairly well at the time... which is a game of chutes and ladders for me anyways...
when i run it again, which i would like to before the year ends if possible, i will do somthing added to it like...
mon
bench

wed
hang cleans

sat
bench

maybe a set of curls or dips if im really feeling it... but it seems i have a problem of always hanging aroung the gym doing more than i planned...

i would also like to run it in the future using overhead squats or even zerchers or front squats... i bet with zerchers you would get an amazing full body workout...

oh, btw, about the overtraining, i was able to keep 100% of my strength coming of a pretty successful cycle doing this during PCT... so it can work... im just thinking if you only squat once a week, you may want to at least get used to squatting 2-3 days a week before jumping right in...

Yeah I'd feel the need for upper/lower back accessory work and some form of horizontal and overhead pressing at the least.

Top Bottom