Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

smoking vs. drinking

If you are smoking enough weed to mess up your lungs than you are not getting off the couch to do anything but get to the fridge.....

Sure smoking does screw up your lungs. But to date there is not one reported case of lung cancer due to marijuana smoking alone.

Saying marijuana lowers motivation is not true. It may make a sedentary individual even more of an introvert but for the majority of persons it does not.

How many people do you think are incarcerated for comitting violient crimes while under the influence of marijuana alone ? and alcohol ? car accidents ? The examples are endless.

Marijuana is psychologically addictive while alcohol is both physically and psychologically addictive. . Hands down in the long run marijuana use is far less detrimental than alcohol.

Last edited:
Only thing I have against weed versus alcohol is I'd hate to suck in puffs of second hand weed. If I just happened to take a wiff of someones weed as I'm passing by I would be pissed all the hell off. As is I'm extremely pissed when I need t inhale someone elses cigerette smoke.

back about 20 years ago when I was a regular weed smoker in college..I'd study stoned,play raquetball stoned(really intense games too) and do a variety of activities stoned..physiologically,THC heightens the senses..so music and food and sex and whatever seem more intense while stoned...but I also enjoyed studying difficult curriculums such as statistics stoned too...I founbd that pot could really turn the mind into high gear..playing raquetball stoned was a ver different experience...I'd wathc my opponent more intensely and found that I could pick up other ques while stoned..and we were both stoned too,so often during the game I'd find myself making eye contact with the other guy and in split seconds trying to decieve him about my next motions..hard to explain..of course this heigtened mental state is why many become paranoid whne stoned over time..so I don't smoke anymore..but its bull about pot making you unmotivated..it will make a lazy person more lazy maybe..but I'd get nergized stoned..read books,fuck....

4everhung said:
back about 20 years ago when I was a regular weed smoker in college..I'd study stoned,play raquetball stoned(really intense games too) and do a variety of activities stoned..physiologically,THC heightens the senses..so music and food and sex and whatever seem more intense while stoned...but I also enjoyed studying difficult curriculums such as statistics stoned too...I founbd that pot could really turn the mind into high gear..playing raquetball stoned was a ver different experience...I'd wathc my opponent more intensely and found that I could pick up other ques while stoned..and we were both stoned too,so often during the game I'd find myself making eye contact with the other guy and in split seconds trying to decieve him about my next motions..hard to explain..of course this heigtened mental state is why many become paranoid whne stoned over time..so I don't smoke anymore..but its bull about pot making you unmotivated..it will make a lazy person more lazy maybe..but I'd get nergized stoned..read books,fuck....

That's cool, but the problem is that's your perception, which you can't trust because you are stoned, which means you have latered perception of reality. I refer specifically to the raquetball games. I guarantee you that you were not playing as well as you think. If you still play raquetball and you could see yourself playing 20 years ago you would be like "Dude I SUCKED!! What was I thinking?"

Not to say it didn't make you a better player. You may have realized shit that stayed with you when you were straight. Or made you better because if you played your hardest with slower reflexes and altered perception, your straight game would be even better if you put the same effort into it.

All I'm saying is don't exaggerate the importance of the drug, whose main purpose is to fuck you up so you can have a good time.

JC

I think that it is true that weed is used to get messed up, but only to an extent. I think many people use it simply for relaxation.
Last year i did a 20 page paper on the medicinal uses of marijuana. I am by no means an expert, but i did come across a lot of interesting information. the main reason that it is not legalized is that it would not be profitable to the medical community and the supporters of legalization do not have enough money to lobby the government. there's alot more to say but im kinda moving off topic.
i really researched how and why it was used for psychology, not really the actual physical effects. does it make you hungry b/c it alters chemicals in your brain or does it speed up your metabolism?
i always feel better the morning after i smoke. especially if it is hydro.

Where the fuck are you people getting this info about mj being addictive? It's less addictive than chocolate!@# Now "dependance" is another thing.. people can become dependant on doing anything, including sitting around all day and watching TV. Aristotle said that to be something is to do something and to know that you're something it's that you can't live without it. According to that you could change your lifestyle, which could or could not include smoking mj. That's the only way that it can be considered to be addictive, since there's no scientific proof otherwise.

Actually there is scientific proof.....that it is NOT physically addictive. Yes it is mentally addictive just like anything else in life, but in no way physically.

I am in the same boat as Jennie. I wrote a paper in college as well about MJ. Mine was an argumentative paper though about how it should be legal backed up with a many scientific facts.

It's in no way as bad for you as Cigarettes or Alcohol. The govt. just can't make as much money from it as the previously mentioned drugs so it is illegal.

Bobarell said:
It's in no way as bad for you as Cigarettes or Alcohol. The govt. just can't make as much money from it as the previously mentioned drugs so it is illegal.

True. That's why tobacco & alcohol are legal - because they can be taxed. Tobacco has be to grown in certain climes and then properly prepared. You probably couldn't grow enough in your own back yard, even if you lived in North Carolina, to support a pack-a-day habit. Alkie's just a pain in the butt to make.

However - you can grow plenty of mj in a closet with enough aluminum foil. :)

Fawn

Actually Phillip Morris has been growing MJ for a long time now. I do not know what the hell they do with it, but I imagine it's just research.....LOL. Maybe they are th supplier for the Cali medical community.

I used to smoke Marlboro lights and still do from time to time. I know.......but when I get a few beers in me I kinda don't think about it. Anyway, everyonce in a while you get that cigarette that smells just like pot. I have been in a club and had a bouncer kick me out for putting pot in my cigarette and smoking it in the club. It was a long time ago, but still a defenite herbroma coming from the ML's from time to time. HMMMMMMM...maybe that is why they are the most popular smoke.

Top Bottom