Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Slinky's gallery

JJFigure

You have to check out Slinky's gallery - she's tire flippin' and kickin' ass all over the place. And what's up with Wonder Butt? Has that comic series been released yet?

OK young lady...explain to me again why you haven't been posting your Friday Training sessions on here again? ;) ;) ;)

Seriously...that is freaking impressive. I've been talking to Julie about coming that way sometime this summer for a few days to train/have fun. Hopefully I can make it. I'd love to do their contest!!!!

B True

Gawd, you people are friggin' awesome! Thanks a thousand, JJ.

I'm beyond flattered.

B foldinator: Ya gotta come up here for Tod and Julie's contest! Just about everyone in our strongman training club is gonna compete!

JJamighty: The "wonder butt"photo is actually a test shot for the reference session for "Wonder Woman". Issue #191 is out - and that's my back (and butt and legs) on the cover. I'll also be on #192 and #194. Gotta give props to "da man", cover artist, Adam Hughes! He makes me look gooooood. And gives me bigger breasts!

Spattstastic: any compliment (and advice), from you is much appreciated!

Okee dokee: a wee strongman update. Had to go it alone last night. Ko (my boyfriend) is away in Japan with family and visiting relatives. All awone :(
But since everyone in our group is getting ready for a contest, concentration is VERY key. Oh and much fun was had. Began with tire flips. Since the Boise contest has a "as many as you can do" tire flips in 60 seconds (for 100ft). We don't have 100ft, but I had to flip the damn thing as many times as I could in 60-seconds. My first "set": 14.5 times. Second: 13 flips. The guys had to work on the Yoke. One of the guys, Josh, was able to walk with 500lbs for 60ft. He'll be competing in the California Strongest Man in two weeks (middleweight).

Second: clean and press. One clean, press for reps. Regular bar this time, no Apollons Axle. For me, 85lbs and was timed with 75seconds. I was able to punch out 17 reps. The guys performed the log clean and press. Sorry, didn't record their weights as I was DYING after my set!

LAST thing: sandbag carries, which is Tod's version of the Huesefell (sorry, spelling sucks). We had to run "laps" (30ft, one way) while carrying the bag. Not timed, distance was the goal. I had a 100lb bag. The guys, 120lbs. My first attempt: 6x30ft. Second: 8x30ft. This is a very deceiving "exercise" (as B fold could probably attest). No matter what, the bag presses up against your diaphragm; so while you're able to exhale, it's the inhaling that becomes extremely difficult. Your arms don't get tired, but your hips and glutes do. Since an interesting phenomena occurs: you begin to "hunker" down. So, it's rather important to try to keep your chest up. Oh, but so hard to do!
Of note: Jason was THE man last night on this. He ran 14x30ft with the 120lb bag.

So, I'm beat today. I've had some beer :D - and since I've got the bed to myself, I'll s p r e a d myself out; take it over and just RELAX. Tomorrow is squat day.

Love the training:) It is amazing how the event can really work the muscles in a completely different way huh?

I'd love to come up for the contest...but I still am looking for some sponsors. I've had a few bites but nothing complete yet. I'd like to to their contest then another one in August to be honest...

B True

B Fold - if you haven't been out west, it's worth it just for the scenery. This is a great time of year to visit the beautiful Pacific Northwest, and Boise is a great city. I'm a transplant from Washington State, btw. Go Cougs!

Top Bottom