Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Skinny legs

Ok well I guess every study I've ever read has been incorrect. Better call all my professors and notify the institute that certified me as a personal trainer and let them know as well. I'll get right on that

And yes you can, I've done it, but I worked up to it and was strong to begin with...

you probably have shitty genetics first off. but doesn't mean you still can't grow your legs.

definately go heavy and hard. if you strengthen things up they will get bigger. no 2 ways about it. squats, cleans, deads.. compound movements. doing 50 pounds of squats for 20 vs. doing 200 pounds for 4 makes a difference.. you definately want to go the heavy weight/low rep route.

we are talking white muscle fibers vs. red.

also considering you are a female you cann't expect them to grow and look like a guys legs so focus on building strength and the size will come along too

you probably have shitty genetics first off. but doesn't mean you still can't grow your legs.

definately go heavy and hard. if you strengthen things up they will get bigger. no 2 ways about it. squats, cleans, deads.. compound movements. doing 50 pounds of squats for 20 vs. doing 200 pounds for 4 makes a difference.. you definately want to go the heavy weight/low rep route.

we are talking white muscle fibers vs. red.

also considering you are a female you cann't expect them to grow and look like a guys legs so focus on building strength and the size will come along too

Haha! I do! I have long muscle in my arms and legs! It sucks. Especially because squatting isn't as easy with long legs...the further down you have to go. But thanks for the input!

you do cardio too?
drop the leg extensions...theyre fricken absolutely horrible for your knees

one. make sure youre eating enough cals to support muscle growth (this is gonna be over your maint cals)
two. try upping your weights on all of your exercises and lowering the reps...too light of weight for a ton of reps actually gets into cardio type muscle twitch category which isn't beneficial for building big muscle
three. if youre doing a lot of cardio drop some of it..cardio can be catabolic as hell to muscle ...if youre doing steady state cardio unless you want it for stress relief drop it all together and pick up tabata or HIIT style cardio instead..in example google marathon runner physique vs sprinter physique
four....well I had a four and forgot...I'll get back to ya..haha

I only do cardio as stress relief...keeps me sane. Haha. And I totally agree with the sprinter vs marathon runner.

Thats a lot of exercises bro.

I'd stick to squats, leg press, lunges, leg curls, stiff deads.

Shirlenes idea on the HIIT will thicken ur legs and calves big time too.

Haha I dont do all of that in one day. Those are just exercises I do.

I thought hypertrophy builds more muscle than low reps? For most people legs respond better to higher reps

I'll put this in a different real world perspective for you

someone can sweep a floor all damn day long ...fatigue their forearms and never build large forearms

a mechanic can use a wrench or ratchet against harder forces about 1/3 of their day (breaking loose bolts) and typically have large forearms

they are both similar motions at the wrist

make sense?

I'll put this in a different real world perspective for you

someone can sweep a floor all damn day long ...fatigue their forearms and never build large forearms

a mechanic can use a wrench or ratchet against harder forces about 1/3 of their day (breaking loose bolts) and typically have large forearms

they are both similar motions at the wrist

make sense?
Perfecto

Bodybuilders I see don't lift super low reps. I've built alot more size doing 8-15.

Top Bottom