Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Single Leg Press

Nate: do you not equate using heavier weights [with good form] followed by sufficient rest and good nutrition to be the basic basis of growth?

I always strive to lift heavier.

I don't do leg presses anyway....

But single limb work can always be a good way to fix imbalances.
*shrug*

Robboe said:
Nate: do you not equate using heavier weights [with good form] followed by sufficient rest and good nutrition to be the basic basis of growth?

I always strive to lift heavier.

i dont train with a uni directional goal. growth growth growth. i train to improve my lifts by cycling between all out power, stability and coordination.

your method you described equates to growth...and then plateau. merely increasing the weight doesnt blast you past plateaus. thats only one small way of changing an exercise to shock the body. there are waaaay more things out there than just change the weight, switch to dbells. etc. i see this perpetuated on here too often. using the simple phrase, "use more weight" etc.

how about:
rep tempo
rep range
unilateral movement
change direction of resistance
method of resistance
stability of platform
range of motion
hand position
foot position
etc.

not busting on you robboe, i just kindof set myself off on a rant because i hear it way too often on this board. i know you are pretty diverse in your training and wasnt questioning you, just making a point about looking outside the box once in a while.

peace

bignate73 said:

as you can see, it depends on your goal. if you are chasing a number and dont see the value of training each leg individually to improve your overall performance...then you wont do them.

i'd challenge anyone to strengthen each leg individually, increase stability and neuromuscular efficiency and then say....

"dont bother"

we spend 50% of our time on one leg or another when walking. unless you guys go bounding round with your feet tied together.... or eat, sleep and shit with your feet planted in the squat rack.
lol.

but to each his own.
Sniff, sniff. Its almost poetic. Like an opera or symphony. Excuse, me. There's just too much beauty in his statements. Bravo, Bravo NATE!!! Excuse me, I need a tissue.:bawling:

You all could stand to learn something from this man.

bignate73 said:

i dont train with a uni directional goal. growth growth growth. i train to improve my lifts by cycling between all out power, stability and coordination.

your method you described equates to growth...and then plateau. merely increasing the weight doesnt blast you past plateaus. thats only one small way of changing an exercise to shock the body. there are waaaay more things out there than just change the weight, switch to dbells. etc. i see this perpetuated on here too often. using the simple phrase, "use more weight" etc.

how about:
rep tempo
rep range
unilateral movement
change direction of resistance
method of resistance
stability of platform
range of motion
hand position
foot position
etc.

not busting on you robboe, i just kindof set myself off on a rant because i hear it way too often on this board. i know you are pretty diverse in your training and wasnt questioning you, just making a point about looking outside the box once in a while.

peace
Once again, I am vaclempt. Excuse me, more tissues.
So nice to see someone thinking outside the perverbial squat rack. Bravo.

i never mentioned plateaus. I just mentioned the basic basis of growth as i see it.

Plateaus are a different chapter.

Top Bottom