Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Silicons Valleys Richest Bachelor Marries However

nimbus said:
wow. what do you think good reasons to marry are?

How could one get "married for love" when by definition they don't even know what love is? IMHO you found out what REAL LOVE IS along the way.

LIKE is far more important.

and

RESPECT another biggie.

It's really not that complicated. Everything else will stem from these two characteristics.

BIKINIMOM said:
How could one get "married for love" when by definition they don't even know what love is? IMHO you found out what REAL LOVE IS along the way.

LIKE is far more important.

and

RESPECT another biggie.

It's really not that complicated. Everything else will stem from these two characteristics.

"by defintion" is your arbitrary defintion of love that almost nobody agrees with.

nimbus said:
"by defintion" is your arbitrary defintion of love that almost nobody agrees with.

That's cool...

But I find it interesting that younger, less experienced people have the most issue with it.

There are 3 types of love: (which are not MY definitions)

!. Eros

2. Phyllos

3. Agape

First is sexual love between man and woman (or same sex if one is gay). = HORMONES and not too much more for without hormones none of us would give a damn about our genitalia (or the genitalia of another adult) other than to urinate.

Second is nonsexual love as in brotherly/sisterly/child/friend, etc.

Third (which is highest form of love) is love of mankind.

SEX DOES NOT KEEP A MARRIAGE TOGETHER so IMHO "my definition" ain't too far from the mark now, is it? :)

BIKINIMOM said:
That's cool...

But I find it interesting that younger, less experienced people have the most issue with it.

There are 3 types of love: (which are not MY definitions)

!. Eros

2. Phyllos

3. Agape

First is sexual love between man and woman (or same sex if one is gay). = HORMONES and not too much more for without hormones none of us would give a damn about our genitalia (or the genitalia of another adult) other than to urinate.

Second is nonsexual love as in brotherly/sisterly/child/friend, etc.

Third (which is highest form of love) is love of mankind.

SEX DOES NOT KEEP A MARRIAGE TOGETHER so IMHO "my definition" ain't too far from the mark now, is it? :)

"your definition" had nothing to do with those. none of them describe having to grow old with someone to be realized

nimbus said:
"your definition" had nothing to do with those. none of them describe having to grow old with someone to be realized

Actually you are incorrect for it is only with the passage of time that one gets passed the hormones of sex and learns what REAL LOVE is.

For some this may be 10 years, for others more, still others may not have the luxury of their entire lives together as death parts them too soon.

The analogy of "old and grey" is one that most understand to be a "very long time" which USUALLY means that as an individual or couple you've pretty much seen it all... that's all. :) nothing more and nothing less.

If you marry in your 20's and are still happy in your 30's does that mean you don't know what REAL LOVE is? Not necessarily. You may know better than most, however, you are both still young enough in your lives that life might still bring you tests that what you have learned may just not be enough for you to remain together HAPPILY as a couple. Just because a marriage is intact (as in not divorced) doesn't mean that it is happy.

Do you see what I am trying to say?

BIKINIMOM said:
Actually you are incorrect for it is only with the passage of time that one gets passed the hormones of sex and learns what REAL LOVE is.

For some this may be 10 years, for others more, still others may not have the luxury of their entire lives together as death parts them too soon.

The analogy of "old and grey" is one that most understand to be a "very long time" which USUALLY means that as an individual or couple you've pretty much seen it all... that's all. :) nothing more and nothing less.

If you marry in your 20's and are still happy in your 30's does that mean you don't know what REAL LOVE is? Not necessarily. You may know better than most, however, you are both still young enough in your lives that life might still bring you tests that what you have learned may just not be enough for you to remain together HAPPILY as a couple. Just because a marriage is intact (as in not divorced) doesn't mean that it is happy.

Do you see what I am trying to say?

how do you know what real love is if you aren't even there yet. and please don't go back to that greek definition, because none of those three describe what you are talking about

nimbus said:
how do you know what real love is if you aren't even there yet. and please don't go back to that greek definition, because none of those three describe what you are talking about

The point is THAT I DONT. :)

Good old fashioned romance up imt his peice. Kinimom you`ve surprised me. I thought you`d def. say Love is all you need.

Tytan said:
Good old fashioned romance up imt his peice. Kinimom you`ve surprised me. I thought you`d def. say Love is all you need.

No... love will NOT perserve my marriage.

LIKE and RESPECT will. My husband and I have plenty of both, however, we have an extremelly difficult road ahead of us one that all the EROS in the world will not protect. If we make it through the next 10 years and we still LIKE and RESPECT one another in the process, then I will be able to tell you a bit better what "REAL LOVE" is... till then the best I can offer you is LIKE and RESPECT.

... sorry to disappoint.

Top Bottom