Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should I eat fructose or dextrose for post workout???

BigPoppaPipes

I consume about a cup of oatmeal and 50 grams of protein for my postworkout meal (cutting). However, should I spike my insulin as well? If so, is fructose or dextrose better. Apples vs. say Sweet Tarts

Fructose raises blood sugar levels very slowly, and doesn't replenish glycogen stores well. In fact, fructose will only replenish liver glycogen.

After training, you want the fastest acting carbohydrate possible. You want it to quickly elevate your blood sugar levels shuttling nutrients to your muscles. A carbohydrate on the glycemic index scale of 100+ would be optimal. You also want it to be in liquid form for quicker absorption. Maltodextrin and dextrose are best.

So, apples v sweet tarts? Sweet tarts, hands down.

Oatmeal is low GI and not suited to a post-workout meal.

the best deal would be half dextrose and half maltodextrins

i dont think its necessary to have maltodextrin post workout, i dont..i think it depends on your goals.
AS long as your having whey protein inconjunction w your carb..you should be fine

are u male/female?

even when cutting i take in high gi carbs post workout. I do switch dextrose for malto dextrose tho. Do make sure to count the post workout carbs into you total alotment for the day of course.

Top Bottom