Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

short vs long bicep

tommyh8

I'm new into bodybuilding and just started working out, I see some guys at the gym in the locker room, talking about long bicep and short bicep training , what's the difference?

There are two bicep heads in your bicep. The long bicep head is the outer bicep head and the short bicep head is the inner bicep head (the head that is closest to your chest). Both biceps heads are used to contract the biceps whenever you do a bicep exercise but you can prioritize which bicep head does the majority of the work by changing your grip width.

A wide grip (wider then shoulder width) prioritizes the inner (short) bicep heap.
A narrow grip (narrower then shoulder width) privatizes the outer (long) bicep head.

Long-and-Short-Final.png

40305_orig.jpg

They are pretty much talking about the 'head' of the bicep, as its made from two muscles that work synergically

biceps are just that.. BI, meaning two

too many skinny kids sit there in front of the mirror jacking off to themselves doing 20 pound curls. lets face it, it is the under 25 crowd.

they should be doing weighted pullups, rows, etc. that is how you grow your biceps. the dudes with the biggest biceps in your gym didn't get them by doing 20 pound curls i assure you

You just want to make sure you hit the muscle from different angles by using different grips. I completely agree with Steve in this case though. Especially since you are new to lifting, you want to focus on the heavy compound movements like bent over rows and pullups to build your biceps.

These are just two different parts of the same bicep, so you should not ignore one of them. Just train them at the same time, and then if you see that one of them needs a little boost, focus your training there. All in all, @muskate has given quite a clear and at the same time extensive explanation of the long and short heads of biceps.

Always found the longer biceps more aesthetic. As already mentioned in here, chins and rows all the way! Curls for the end if you wish. Just work your way to 30 chin ups and watch your biceps grow

Top Bottom